• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal tax return as expense on next years return?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal tax return as expense on next years return?

Hello

Just completing my personal tax return myself on HMRC Government gateway.

Accountant charged me in December, 100+VAT to prepare previous years personal tax return (rental, dividends, PAYE income). -- Can I put this down in the "Legal and professional costs" box?

Cheers, richy

If you are an employee it is not allowable as it is not incurred in the performance of the duties of the employment - if you are self employed it is not allowable as it is not for the purposes of the trade .
    regards

Bob

Comment

Bob Jones is right.

BTW most accountants who post on here will do directors tax returns as well as the company accounts in their fee. I suggest you look for a different accountant.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Bob Jones is right.

BTW most accountants who post on here will do directors tax returns as well as the company accounts in their fee. I suggest you look for a different accountant.
        WSS

My accountant charges a monthly fee for doing my business accounts, VAT etc..., then throws in an SA for me for free.....
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
        X