• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Date Of Birth on Companies House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date Of Birth on Companies House

I realised why I've been getting so much junk mail from Google Adwords and other companies.. my address and D.O.B. are part of the public record @ Companies House.

I managed to "opt out" of the Experian database now.

Read on Companies House it is possible to get a "disclosure exemption under section 243 of the Companies Act 2006."

Anyone managed to get this disclosure exemption? I've not been able to find the form yet.

Cheers, richy

I don't think you can gain this exemption unless you are at risk of violence from your details being publicly available.

An example that comes to mind is individuals involved in animal testing who would be potential targets of animal welfare groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      I don't think you can gain this exemption unless you are at risk of violence from your details being publicly available.

An example that comes to mind is individuals involved in animal testing who would be potential targets of animal welfare groups.
      But surely we will be the envy / hate of all those permie people that would put our safety at risk.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

It's now possible to have a personal address that is not made public, and a service address that is.

You can change your service address to be your registered office address (or any other), that way your own private address is kept off public record. Of course the details can still be found on old annual returns, but it would solve the problem going forward.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Also people who contract 'mainly' for the security services, etc.

You still have to have a 'service address', so you won't avoid the spam mail.

You also have to remember there are companies set up that call themselves 'credit reference agencies' which aren't really, they only call themselves that to gain access to the protected information, which they then sell on...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Companies house response

Companies house replied to my query.

They say the Companies Act requires them to publish D.O.B. with full name, and home address (or service address). That is the only info needed to apply for credit with my address as the "former address"!

I don't have another address to set as a "service address" (that I've never lived at).

So looks like we're stuck with identity fraud!

Comment

Originally posted by richy View Post
              Companies house replied to my query.

They say the Companies Act requires them to publish D.O.B. with full name, and home address (or service address). That is the only info needed to apply for credit with my address as the "former address"!

I don't have another address to set as a "service address" (that I've never lived at).

So looks like we're stuck with identity fraud!
              Some accountants and solicitors offer a registered office address service for a small fee, you could check if they would also allow you to use their address as a service address.
              ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by *Clare* View Post
                Some accountants and solicitors offer a registered office address service for a small fee, you could check if they would also allow you to use their address as a service address.
                I could do this, although the problems:

* current registered office is my home address (same as directors address)

* current trading address is also my home address, visible on invoices etc.

D.O.B. was the main problem I could see...

Cheers, richy

Comment

Working...
                X