• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment Dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment Dividends

Hi Guys,

I'm just filling out my self assessment. I am a lecturer who runs a secondary business as director through a Ltd company and get paid via PAYE for lecturing and purely via Dividends for my company (as per previous forum advice).

My issue is that I do not yet have a PAYE reference as a director so can not add it as an employment on the on-line form. If I received no income do I still have to add this employment to my tax return by registering myself for a PAYE code?

Many thanks

If you had no PAYE income from your own company then you don't need to fill in an employment page for it, just put the value of any dividends you took on the main form itself.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
    X