• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing Company Timescales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing Company Timescales

Hi,

After 11 years contracting in this fine country, I've decided to return to greener and considerably wetter climes (Ireland).

Obviously I want to close my company as efficiently as possible. I guess using a capital distibution and taper relief is a good way to go about it, but I'm unsure how long everything takes and what needs to be done. I'll have a word with my accountant, but I thought I'd ask here for some expert(?) feedback...

My company year end is May 31st, and I'm planning on leaving the UK in August. My current contract finishes in April, and I was thinking maybe of contracting for 2 or 3 months through a composite of some kind before I leave.

Is there anything I should be doing now, or will HMCE drag everything out so that I won't be able to get my cash by August?

Many thanks.

closure

the big delay is with comp house to finalise it. I found that the ir gave a verbal 'probably, but we want to see your last accounts' when I asked them about it and they did the confirmation quite quickly - and sent the refund or corp tax direct to me iirc.

Comment

Working...
    X