• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Growing a Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing a Company

Hi. Am after some advice or suggestions based on my situation from you experienced folk on here. I am a long-term contractor via a limited company and have built up a fairly decent network of fellow contractors and clients over the years. One of my previous customers has just been appointed to a very senior role in a large organisation which presents a good opportunity for me to bid for projects as a consultancy within that organisation. Many of these projects will require between 3 and 10 contractors to deliver. The questions is how do I bid for these projects without making my fellow contractors who I would bring in to do the work employees which they would obviously not be keen on. If I issue them all shares and make them all directors that seems like it presents other risks to me. What am I missing and how do you suggest I go about pursuing this opportunity?

TIA

You work on the "associative model".

Bid for the work as if you employ the people. Provide generic sample cvs to show you have the skills available.

When you win the work, bring in a load of contractors either via their limited company or brolly or PAYE.

Simples
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Working...
    X