• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT Return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Return

For the VAT return for the period just passed, will it be for upto 31/03/2010 or upto 02/04/2010.

If the later, do I just incude invoices raised upto that date?

ie I raised and invoice on Friday 26th March and one on 2nd of April.

Do I just include the 26/3 one, or do I need to pro-rata the 2/4 one on the basis of 3 days??

Thanks
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

It will be 31 March.

Tax point for VAT is generally the invoice date, so your 2/4 one will be in the next VAT return.

QB.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyBerty View Post
      It will be 31 March.

Tax point for VAT is generally the invoice date, so your 2/4 one will be in the next VAT return.

QB.

so I don't need to pro-rate either?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
        so I don't need to pro-rate either?
        Nope the invoice date is generally regarded as the tax point date so dictates which return the invoice should be accounted for. The only exception to this that I'm aware of is if you're on the cash accounting scheme where you only pay the VAT on PAID invoices.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Nope the invoice date is generally regarded as the tax point date so dictates which return the invoice should be accounted for. The only exception to this that I'm aware of is if you're on the cash accounting scheme where you only pay the VAT on PAID invoices.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X