• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

jsa with ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jsa with ltd company

Can I claim jse with ltd company for which I am employed. My accountant says I will have to close company down to claim. Also how do I go about claiming my accountants fees.I have had a ltd for three years and not claimed accountants fees. I did ask if VAT can be claimed on their fees and they said no. I am a CAD technician so my only expenses is my accountant fees and fares

Oh dear. I am going to be nice (ish).

Originally posted by 56jenzel View Post
    Can I claim jse with ltd company for which I am employed.
    Yes you can, depending on your circumstances. There are threads about that somewhere on here in the not too distant past but I am not going to look for them for you.

My accountant says I will have to close company down to claim.
    I think your accountant is wrong but maybe there are special circumstances relating to you that we don't know about.

Also how do I go about claiming my accountants fees.I have had a ltd for three years and not claimed accountants fees.
    <shakes head> Write out an expense form (can be in any format you like so long as it shows the basics like the amount claimed and why) for your company records and also the accountant then transfer the money from the company bank account to yours. Easy.

I did ask if VAT can be claimed on their fees and they said no.
    That depends on whether your company is registered for VAT or not, and if it is is it on the Flat Rate VAT scheme? If not registered for VAT who would you claim the VAT from? If on the Flat Rate Scheme then input VAT cannot be claimed. If not on the Flat Rate Scheme then input VAT should lower the overall amount of VAT your company pays to HMRC.

I am a CAD technician so my only expenses is my accountant fees and fares

Comment

56Jenzel this thread and the info in it if you read and watch it will tell you how to get the most out of these boards - http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...e-newbies.html
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My accountant says I will have to close company down to claim
        You don't need to close your company to claim JSA. However you would need to P45 yourself to make the claim.

Comment

Working...
        X