• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
    What was the 'RDS' schema? Did this go court?
    Yes it did, lost in the Court of Appeal

Comment

Originally posted by Overwhelmed View Post
      how did the scheme work and why did they lose??? Are there any similarities to our case??

Comment

I'm not sure what involvement Montpelier had in this was, since it was KPMG who took it to court.

(NB. RDS stands for Relevant Discounted Security)

Tax judges block

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
          how did the scheme work and why did they lose??? Are there any similarities to our case??
          No relation to our scheme, and completely different points of law.

Comment

Election

Heres hoping that Timms doesn't get elected again! Anyone from East Ham?

Wonder what he will do will if he is not elected, go back to Logica?
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

election result

Did anyone ask the SNP what their view on BN66 is ?

Comment

My local MP is now Tory, might pop him a letter congratulating him on his win and also telling my BN66 story
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                  My local MP is now Tory, might pop him a letter congratulating him on his win and also telling my BN66 story
                  Might be worth holding fire for a few days just until the dust settles.

A couple of us have already drafted a letter template, and I am also in contact with Montp about this.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    No relation to our scheme, and completely different points of law.
                    Not entirely different I think, judgement turned on scheme must stand up to commercial scrutiny, although this is not mentioned in the law. MontP had an identical scheme. Their letter of yesterday acknowledges KPMG case, and simply instructs to pay HMRC.

Comment

Not entirely different I think, judgement turned on scheme must stand up to commercial scrutiny, although this is not mentioned in the law. MontP had an identical scheme. Their letter of yesterday acknowledges KPMG case, and simply instructs to pay HMRC.
                      I think THE big difference is the retrospective element of BN66. I also note that in this case HMRC went the
                      normal route via the commissioners, and did not jump straight in with a change in the law.

Comment

Working...
                      X