• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
    They can then seek to download a copy of that material and in so doing capture information about the source including the Intellectual Property (IP) address..."

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/04/08...r-digital.html
    Presumably that would be part of:

Transborder Contraband Property / Intellectual Property (TCP/IP)

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
      Lurch with his finger on the pulse once more...

The Right Honourable Stephen Timms is the UK's "Minister for Digital Britain." He's the guy behind the Digital Economy Bill, which makes the US DMCA look good by comparison. Seriously, this is some terrible, terrible lawmaking.

They can then seek to download a copy of that material and in so doing capture information about the source including the Intellectual Property (IP) address..."

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/04/08...r-digital.html

The official Labour response to this was to state that Timms is an expert in this field and wrote a book on broadband 25 years ago. Err, 15 years before it came into existence and whilst it was only geeks playing around with dial-up. Muppet!

Comment

If only...

I read this from a blogger about Michael Caine appearing with Cameron last week.

"If only Micheal had stood on the podium and said - 'Gordon, you were only supposed to blow the bloody banks up!'"

That's worth a 5% lead on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
          The official Labour response to this was to state that Timms is an expert in this field and wrote a book on broadband 25 years ago. Err, 15 years before it came into existence and whilst it was only geeks playing around with dial-up. Muppet!
          No silly... it was a typo.... He wrote a book on broadbeans 25 years ago
          MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

anyone???

anyone fancy putting something forwards:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8589502.stm

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post

No point putting forward an obscure question about retrospective taxation, so I thought I would submit something a bit more populist. Bet it doesnt make it through the Brown Broadcasting Corporation difficult question filter.

"After 13 years in power, why are Labour making promises now?

Everything that is wrong with this country is yours and Tony Blair's making."
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                No point putting forward an obscure question about retrospective taxation, so I thought I would submit something a bit more populist. Bet it doesnt make it through the Brown Broadcasting Corporation difficult question filter.

"After 13 years in power, why are Labour making promises now?

Everything that is wrong with this country is yours and Tony Blair's making."
                Labour's pathetic struggle to win another term reminds me of a guilty partner on their last warning making pleas and platitudes for 'just one more chance'.

Time for the pathetic idiots to shuffle off and give us some freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Squicker View Post
                  Labour's pathetic struggle to win another term reminds me of a guilty partner on their last warning making pleas and platitudes for 'just one more chance'.

Time for the pathetic idiots to shuffle off and give us some freedom.
                  always amazes me how the threat of losing power makes them all of a sudden come up with all these ideas to make our lives better. Its just insulting our intelligence, they couldnt be bothered to put these things in place over the last 13 years, maybe thats cos they dont work

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post

Good spot! I have submitted the following question:

"Since 2001 the average family's Income Tax bill has gone up by £47, but its National Insurance bill has gone up by more than ten times that amount to £514. Do you accept that National Insurance is now just a stealth tax on earnings from employment, and what assurances can you give the public concerning future possible increases?"

Comment

newbie on the block...

My first post - any advice greatly appreciated. Apologies if this question is on the wrong thread.
                      I received a cn for 2007 about 3 weeks ago - mp sent appeal in and now I've received a threat of the debt being passed to the collectors if I dont pay in full immediately. Is this whats happening to all on here?

Comment

Working...
                      X