• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
    Don't forget closure notices are being sent out all the time so it doesn't mean anything with the timing.

And the 2nd payment on account for 31 July is due soon. Statement reminders are being sent out at the moment for that so it's not suprising people are getting statements, it just happens to be that time of year.
    That makes sense.

Thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      No doubt if we lose the usual harbingers of doom will reappear saying "I told you so".

Lets hope we win this round then!

Comment

gonna make sure I dont forget my lottery tickets this friday and saturday just in case!!!

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post

Lets hope we win this round then!
          At the very least grounds for an appeal to the SC. God forbid that it's all over on Monday.
          Fly off on Hols on the Monday anyway, so do I take a sneak peak and perhaps ruin the Hols or wait until the return hmmm

Comment

we should stop meeting like this ...

A retrospective virtual hug to all you good people. There's a familiar churning feeling in the stomach and smell of napalm in the air. Is it another mock execution or get out of jail? Whatever it is, bring it on.

Comment

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
              Been browsing and just read this article again: <snip>

See the comment from the guy in Swindon . So many things wrong with what he says... Need to try and rise above it I guess and hope for a good outcome on Monday.

Good luck all.
              Tax Dodgers? Blimey. I've checked and there's nothing on an SA Return to list such monies. Guess he is rather ill informed on legal certainty or as Cameron went on at length today in the Commons to support what is right - Transparency.

The poor bloke is just another wart on the backside of a State who cannot differentiate between legal transparent undertakings - US and illegal and opaque mischief.

Don't rubbish the lad. He's been contracting for 15 years and has yet to work out the difference between legal and illegal. And if he's living or working in Swindon then you need to give him a break for that alone!

So park another ill informed remark and remember that Monday is the Day. Whatever the result, until we can go through the ruling in detail, the importance of the ruling won't be fully known. I appreciate that the initial reaction one way or the other will be emotional. But, there's much to be learned from WHAT is said rather than just the result. That applies to us and HMRC alike.

It's been a journey and not yet over whatever the outcome on Monday. We are all a little wiser, a little more tough and a little more objective. But whether we win lose or find some incredulous outcome on Monday, we must resist jumping the gun until we can fully understand what the LJ's mean. And that only comes from understanding their ruling from the Judgement. So whilst Swampy from Swindon can make pointless statements that bear zero relation to fact as a singled cell organism cannot possibly reason or apply logic, we have the benefit of history and understanding and a true Human perspective lost on the likes of him and his 15 years in the wilderness.

Whatever the outcome on Monday, I have wanted this day to come since the High Court. This is the first real test for us. One way or another I'm glad it's upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post

Whatever the outcome on Monday, I have wanted this day to come since the High Court. This is the first real test for us. One way or another I'm glad it's upon us.
                Totally agree - bring it on. I'm nervous, but I want to know. As for Mike from Swindon - I'm amazed that he has been running his business so tax efficiently within the law - what a guy! I'm just wondering what that means. If I was a cynic, I'd say it implies tax avoidance, but then again, maybe he pays every penny to the max, and thinks it's eficciency, because he is, in fact, a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                  Totally agree - bring it on. I'm nervous, but I want to know. As for Mike from Swindon - I'm amazed that he has been running his business so tax efficiently within the law - what a guy! I'm just wondering what that means. If I was a cynic, I'd say it implies tax avoidance, but then again, maybe he pays every penny to the max, and thinks it's eficciency, because he is, in fact, a dick.
                  one can only assume he must therefore fall inside IR35

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                    one can only assume he must therefore fall inside IR35
                    and of course be a dick, actually i've deduced that anyway

Comment

Originally posted by geoff from contracta IOM View Post
                      and of course be a dick, actually i've deduced that anyway
                      Plenty a Dick have entered this forum,
                      Those we discard with just a smile,
                      Good luck to all those that matter,
                      On this our journey of that final mile.
                      MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Working...
                      X