• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-righteous git!

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
    Been browsing and just read this article again: <snip>

See the comment from the guy in Swindon . So many things wrong with what he says... Need to try and rise above it I guess and hope for a good outcome on Monday.

Good luck all.
    I would never wish what we've gone through on anyone, with the exception of self-righteous idots such as this prat from Swindon. I really do hope HMRC pay him a visit with their time machine!! Let's see how cocky and narrow minded he is then!

Unlikely though as he probably works for Hector hence the bias diatribe

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      You mean "Mike Hosking"? The guy who works at Nationwide in Swindon? His head's above the parapet now.
      When you say "works at Nationwide", do you mean he's like an employee?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Yes, they already know. They get a draft copy of the judgment a week to 10 days before it's handed down.

They are sworn to secrecy and it would be contempt of court if they were to divulge anything.
        Can anyone see the MP office from where they're sitting?? Is there a party going on??

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          You mean "Mike Hosking"? The guy who works at Nationwide in Swindon? His head's above the parapet now.
          Apparently he's into Disaster Recovery. He's going to need all those skills now

He's got his 5K down to 26 minutes if he needs to escape...
          Last edited by Emigre; 20 July 2011, 13:46.
          Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
          "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            Yes, they already know. They get a draft copy of the judgment a week to 10 days before it's handed down.

They are sworn to secrecy and it would be contempt of court if they were to divulge anything.
            The SA ammendment that was sent to me reminded me that interest would be due should the amounts in appeal become payable.

Seems to me they wouldn't have written that letter if the knew the outcome and it wasn't in their favour...

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
              The SA ammendment that was sent to me reminded me that interest would be due should the amounts in appeal become payable.

Seems to me they wouldn't have written that letter if the knew the outcome and it wasn't in their favour...
              Very few people in HMRC will know, and certainly not grunts sending out SA amendments.

Comment

A few things here. Firstly, their right and left hands have no idea they are even part of the same body. Secondly, they are just as likely to have pushed for payment knowing that they had lost; such is the evil, vindictive and malicious nature of the department heads.

I feel extremely sorry for most of the staff at HMRC who are largely decent people. It is the institutional deceit pervading from the top that makes their daily task so unrewarding.

There is no doubt the two are unrelated.
                Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Don't forget closure notices are being sent out all the time so it doesn't mean anything with the timing.

And the 2nd payment on account for 31 July is due soon. Statement reminders are being sent out at the moment for that so it's not suprising people are getting statements, it just happens to be that time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
                    Don't forget closure notices are being sent out all the time so it doesn't mean anything with the timing.

And the 2nd payment on account for 31 July is due soon. Statement reminders are being sent out at the moment for that so it's not suprising people are getting statements, it just happens to be that time of year.
                    If it's a new closure notice send it to Montpelier though - and probably today - I reckon they'll be busy next week!

Comment

europe

Could the judges refer this to Europe which would bypass the supreme court, or is is the SC that passes it onto Europe, just wondering what the different judgement combos could be??

Comment

Working...
                      X