• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    I would like to correct something I've stated previously.

Apparently Lord Justice Mummery, who was one the judges who heard our case, is sitting through the court recess so there is a chance we could get a decision over the summer.

I'm not holding my breath mind you.
    Ultimately isn't it the case that the senior LJ on the bench hands down the decision? In order for Mummery to hand down the decision wouldn't he need to be that person AND for the two other LJs to have opined before the recess?

Not holding my breath either!
    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
    "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Time machine at work again...

Gaines-Cooper case gets Supreme Court hearing

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
        Ultimately isn't it the case that the senior LJ on the bench hands down the decision? In order for Mummery to hand down the decision wouldn't he need to be that person AND for the two other LJs to have opined before the recess?
        Mummery is the most senior of the 3 LJs so it is theoretically possible.

However, personally I think it's unlikely we'll get a decision until the tail end of the year.

Comment

Fasten your seatbelts folks!!!

Judgment day is upon us.

Court of Appeal Civil Division

NOTICE
          Take notice that on MONDAY, 25 JULY, 2011 in COURT 70, at 10 O'CLOCK, Judgment will be given in the following.
          APPEALS
          From The Queen's Bench Division
          (Administrative Court and Divisional Court)
          FINAL DECISIONS
          C1/2010/0360 The Queen on the application of Huitson -v- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
          C1/2009/1224 Queen on the Application of Shiner & anr -v- Commissioners of Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

Comment

Judgment day is upon us.

NOTICE
            Take notice that on MONDAY, 25 JULY, 2011 in COURT 70, at 10 O'CLOCK, Judgment will be given in the following.
            APPEALS
            FINAL DECISIONS
            C1/2010/0360 The Queen on the application of Huitson -v- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
            C1/2009/1224 Queen on the Application of Shiner & anr -v- Commissioners of Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.
            Bloody hell!

Good luck.

Comment

Judgment day is upon us.

NOTICE
              APPEALS
              FINAL DECISIONS
              Its going to be a long week! And if it goes our way it will be a very long week for HMRC next week.
              Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
              "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

oh my god

Judgment day is upon us.

NOTICE
                APPEALS
                FINAL DECISIONS

looks like I picked the wrong week to try and cut down on wine!

Comment

Judgment day is upon us.

NOTICE
                  APPEALS
                  FINAL DECISIONS
                  first day of my holiday brilliant timing, nothing like a bit of stress when you are trying to relax on holiday!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                    first day of my holiday brilliant timing, nothing like a bit of stress when you are trying to relax on holiday!!!!
                    Of course, there's always the option of staying there.

I hear Panama is quite nice this time of year.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

OMG - Do we know what happens next? Win or lose??

Do we know where we go next if we lose?

Does it just go away if we win?

I know it is not that simple but any ideas?
                      I don't believe it.........

Comment

Working...
                      X