• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    good quote!
    Sorry about this (my inner qa geek won't let it go)

I have known a great many troubles,
    but most of them never happened.
    Mark Twain

HMRC have known many troubles, but most of them are of their own making

Comment

i can remember once being told "worrying doesnt make the situation go away or any better". Sounds simple but think about it..

Comment

Easier said than done!

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Exactly.

Eat, drink and be merry. Enjoy your children, house, holidays, car.
        When and if the sh!t hits the fan, then head down to the local DHSS office.

Worrying about it is a waste of energy and life and will drive you to an early grave.
        Try telling my wife that.

Comment

It's hard not to worry if you could lose your home and everything you've worked for.

This whole situation has angered me more than anything else I've encountered in my life.

I can accept the random curveballs that life throws at you - illness, recessions, natural disasters etc.

I've even been seriously wronged by a few individuals over the years, including a close family member, and managed to shrug it off.

But when your own Government does something spiteful and vindictive without any care or concern for the familes on the receiving end, then that's something I can never forgive.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            It's hard not to worry if you could lose your home and everything you've worked for.

This whole situation has angered me more than anything else I've encountered in my life.

I can accept the random curveballs that life throws at you - illness, recessions, natural disasters etc.

I've even been seriously wronged by a few individuals over the years, including a close family member, and managed to shrug it off.

But when your own Government does something spiteful and vindictive without any care or concern for the familes on the receiving end, then that's something I can never forgive.
            Totally Agree DR,
            Funny enough I was watching the Robin Hood film starring Russell Crowe currently running on Sky and thinking this is kind of familiar !!!
            MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Awaiting the same judgement?

Wonder if this is the same case as ours?

BBC Sport - Rangers chairman admits club could go out of business

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
                Another one

BBC News - Oddbins to go into administration

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
                  No it was, I am pretty sure, an EBT.

Aberdeen asset management also got hit recently for a failed EBT.

http://www.taxjournal.com/tj/article...ement-v-hmrc-0

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                    No it was, I am pretty sure, an EBT.

Aberdeen asset management also got hit recently for a failed EBT.

http://www.taxjournal.com/tj/article...ement-v-hmrc-0
                    All of which just goes to show that any talk of doing deals is so much hogwash. HMRC want their money and don't care who they have to bankrupt in pursuit of it.

Comment

Tried to fax something through to them today. Their fax machine wouldnt pick up. Bunch of c,*nts.

What's the point in telling people you can 'contact us on the following fax number 08459153417' if your ******* fax machine is switched off!? You ******* bunch of ****wit incompetents.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X