• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I wish it would just go away and I could start living again......

When will we get a result it is killing me and my wife. And we are lucky to have the money to pay but have put all our plans on hold as we don't know if we can spend it........

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    There may be some, even in HMRC, who wish this would just go away since it is completely at odds with Government policy.
    I don't believe it.........

Comment

Originally posted by patbikeruk View Post
      God I wish it would just go away and I could start living again......

When will we get a result it is killing me and my wife. And we are lucky to have the money to pay but have put all our plans on hold as we don't know if we can spend it........
      This is beyond a joke really. That such an issue, having such a huge impact on people lives, homes, children, can be left to be deliberated and pontificated for so long.
      In fact, it's probably against my human rights to have it continue for so long...

Comment

I did some digging on past CoA decisions, and it's not unheard of for cases, especially involving tax, to take more than 9 months.

There are even some that have taken more than a year.

Comment

Poll

If you are in a scheme, or would still consider using one, perhaps you wouldn't mind taking part in this Poll.

I'm curious to know if IR35 is still the main motivator.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...e-schemes.html

Thanks!
          DR

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
            This is beyond a joke really. That such an issue, having such a huge impact on people lives, homes, children, can be left to be deliberated and pontificated for so long.
            In fact, it's probably against my human rights to have it continue for so long...
            Cases re undue delay have been taken to ECHR and have been successful BUT the ones i have come across took approx 8 years. The start date being when the Court process began.

In a perfect world the Judges could have had your decision in a matter of days. Murder trials are decided by Jurors in a matter of hours.
            Last edited by Alan Jones; 30 March 2011, 11:22.

Comment

This is not the end of it anyway.

If I was caught in this I'd just get on with my life.

Whoever loses this one is going to appeal. So add another few years.

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
                This is not the end of it anyway.

If I was caught in this I'd just get on with my life.

Whoever loses this one is going to appeal. So add another few years.
                Exactly.

Eat, drink and be merry. Enjoy your children, house, holidays, car.
                When and if the sh!t hits the fan, then head down to the local DHSS office.

Worrying about it is a waste of energy and life and will drive you to an early grave.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

WORRY

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  Exactly.

Eat, drink and be merry. Enjoy your children, house, holidays, car.
                  When and if the sh!t hits the fan, then head down to the local DHSS office.

Worrying about it is a waste of energy and life and will drive you to an early grave.
                  WINSTON CHURCHILL ONCE SAID ............

“When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened”

Comment

Originally posted by Ganymede View Post
                    WINSTON CHURCHILL ONCE SAID ............

“When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened”
                    good quote!
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

When we finally get a decision

If we win though (not commenting on likelyhood of that) DR and others should rally the troops to get as many letters too as many politicians as possible and hopefully one or two of them will realise taxpayers moneys are being wasted chasing this.....

yep i know its probably unlikely to make a difference but we should roll any dice to make this nightmare go away.....

If we lose not sure any point in any letters we just have to go to next round and hope.

Comment

Working...
                      X