• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freelancer1 View Post
    The records for Contracta Solutions Ltd at the Co's Registry in the IOM show that:-
    the Co was incorporated just last month on 24 February,
    the two directors who have signed the Statutory form consenting to act are:-

1) Mr Jesse Grant HESTER of Po Box 244, Sunbeach Villa, Royal Road, Grande Baie, Mauritius, a British Consultant and

2) Ms Cis Lieve Lisa OVERSTEYNS a Belgian Consultant of P O Box 500462, Al Nakheel 3B, Apt G02, Street3, The Greens, Dubai, UAE

The Co Secretary is given as Arc Forrest Limited, Unit10, Springates East, Government Road, Charlestown, Nevis, West Indies.

The sole subscriber shareholder is:- Peruvious Limited, Trident Chambers, Road Town, Tortola, BVI

The Registered Office is located at P O Box 227, Clinch's House, Lord Street, Douglas, IM99 1RZ, Isle of Man

The Company has specified "the control and management of the business of the Company shall be in and from the Isle of Man or such other place as the Directors may determine from time to time"

With regards to Accounts "The company elects to exempt itself from the requirement to lay accounts before the company in general meeting, pursuant to Section 2A of the Companies Act 1982"

With regards to Appointment of Auditors:- "The Company may elect to dispense with the audit of its accounts to the extent permitted by Regulations and Companies Acts as shall apply".

Note - the Reg Office is located at the offices of SMP Partners:-
    Contact Us : SMP Partners

I leave it to you all to Google and read info on Mr Hester - interesting

I would be wondering who is really 'calling the shots' on this Company??

Also of maybe just co-incidental interest - there is another IOM company called just "Contracta Limited" but registered with the same Reg Office address and which was incorporated 26/08/2009 and which had a change of officers on 31/12/2010.

Look back at what DR suggests - what's your choice??
    Also:-
    you can find Jesse Hester on LinkedIn as Owner at Atlas Corporate Services Limited and Atlas at http://www.atlas-corp.com - note the contact phone number (Dubai) and the address there is:-
    Dubai Media City, PO Box 500462
    Office 407
    Loft Office 2, Entrance C
    Dubai, UAE

Comment

The records for Contracta Solutions Ltd at the Co's Registry in the IOM show that:-

1) Mr Jesse Grant HESTER of Po Box 244, Sunbeach Villa, Royal Road, Grande Baie, Mauritius, a British Consultant and

2) Ms Cis Lieve Lisa OVERSTEYNS a Belgian Consultant of P O Box 500462, Al Nakheel 3B, Apt G02, Street3, The Greens, Dubai, UAE

The Co Secretary is given as Arc Forrest Limited, Unit10, Springates East, Government Road, Charlestown, Nevis, West Indies.

The sole subscriber shareholder is:- Peruvious Limited, Trident Chambers, Road Town, Tortola, BVI

The Registered Office is located at P O Box 227, Clinch's House, Lord Street, Douglas, IM99 1RZ, Isle of Man

The Company has specified "the control and management of the business of the Company shall be in and from the Isle of Man or such other place as the Directors may determine from time to time"

With regards to Accounts "The company elects to exempt itself from the requirement to lay accounts before the company in general meeting, pursuant to Section 2A of the Companies Act 1982"

With regards to Appointment of Auditors:- "The Company may elect to dispense with the audit of its accounts to the extent permitted by Regulations and Companies Acts as shall apply".

Also of maybe just co-incidental interest - there is another IOM company called just "Contracta Limited" but registered with the same Reg Office address and which was incorporated 26/08/2009 and which had a change of officers on 31/12/2010.

Also:-
      you can find Jesse Hester on LinkedIn as Owner at Atlas Corporate Services Limited and Atlas at Atlas Corporate Services | Offshore Company Formation - note the contact phone number (Dubai) and the address there is:-
      Dubai Media City, PO Box 500462
      Office 407
      Loft Office 2, Entrance C
      Dubai, UAE

Comment

Wow, now THAT is interesting.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Disclaimer: It is possible that the Contracta Solutions structure may be challenged by HMRC in the future or retrospective legislation may be introduced
          Yeah, but even the first part of the sentance is a lot of wriggle room - never mind the bit about retrospection.

Comment

Contracta solutions

I think you should post this on the EBT and Loans thread........be interesting to see what the actual guy from Contracta has to say.....

Comment

I bet you would find that the vast majority of firms who run Tax Avoidance schemes are structured in this way, with ties to the Carribean and other Tax Free states etc.

It's not that unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                Nothing has changed.

It has been abundantly clear for a long time that politicians have washed their hands of us, and our fate lies in the hands of the courts.

We need a win. If not at the CoA, then the Supreme Court.
                I agree that nothing has changed in that we need to win in the courts, however, if we do lose then I would be looking to the MP's who were so vociferously against this to at least give us some kind of backing, which may have helped to at least reduce the payments.

I know that this was always unlikely, but with the way they are talking now there is no way they could be seen to be helping us.

I am also expecting some more Consultant bashing in the budget today....

Comment

Well we were not disappointed........

We have to rely on the courts noe and hope that Fairness is not something that can be judged in the Law Courts........

Originally posted by MajorGowen View Post
                  I agree that nothing has changed in that we need to win in the courts, however, if we do lose then I would be looking to the MP's who were so vociferously against this to at least give us some kind of backing, which may have helped to at least reduce the payments.

I know that this was always unlikely, but with the way they are talking now there is no way they could be seen to be helping us.

I am also expecting some more Consultant bashing in the budget today....
                  I don't believe it.........

Comment

governments tax avoidance doc

apologies if this has been discussed already - couldnt see it in forums.. in govmt/hmrc doc on tax avoidence it seems to state that:

"Second, the Government will consult this summer on proposals to remove the cash flow advantage that tax avoiders can get by using high risk avoidance schemes. At present, a minority exploit the cash flow advantage of retaining tax during a dispute over liability, in some cases, even where the Courts have already ruled against similar transactions. The Government is
                    determined to address this systemic advantage to reduce the appeal of participating in high risk avoidance. Consultation will ensure that changes are properly targeted."

-- if this gets passed it means we're guilty until we prove we're innocent and we have to pay full amount to revenue before any court case... hopefully I'm misinterpreting this..?!

http://cdn.hm-treasury.gov.uk/2011bu...xavoidance.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post
                      apologies if this has been discussed already - couldnt see it in forums.. in govmt/hmrc doc on tax avoidence it seems to state that:

"Second, the Government will consult this summer on proposals to remove the cash flow advantage that tax avoiders can get by using high risk avoidance schemes. At present, a minority exploit the cash flow advantage of retaining tax during a dispute over liability, in some cases, even where the Courts have already ruled against similar transactions. The Government is
                      determined to address this systemic advantage to reduce the appeal of participating in high risk avoidance. Consultation will ensure that changes are properly targeted."

-- if this gets passed it means we're guilty until we prove we're innocent and we have to pay full amount to revenue before any court case... hopefully I'm misinterpreting this..?!

http://cdn.hm-treasury.gov.uk/2011bu...xavoidance.pdf
                      Why should a bankrupt Govt have the cashflow benefits? If that's the route they want to take perhaps they should be obligated to conclude enquiries and Court process within say 24 months and when they lose to pay a genuinely commercial rate of interest. After all, that would be fair and proportionate
                      Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                      "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Working...
                      X