• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all seem surprised by hmrc mistakes.

How many of the smart or overachieving kids at school or university did you know that had an ambition to work for hmrc?

It's also probably why they aren't very nice and take pleasure in ruining people...... bitterness.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
      And for any HMRC snoopers (we know you're watching) I hope you feel good about
      the 40 people you've rendered unemployed.
      Oh they'll be rubbing their hands together about that.

The only thing which will worry these weasels is if there's any come back on them.

Comment

Smelly

It doesn't surprise me one iota what the HMRC will get up to... I firmly Believe our case is another personal swipe/vendeta at MP by the HMRC... I know of other people on EBT schemes where they had loans paid to them as Employees these schemes are being closed at the next budget and HMRC have warned suppliers of these schemes that they will come after those who carry on using these schemes from December to the budget... but and this is the interesting bit.. Apparently the change is prospectively and wiped the slate clean for users over the past 8 years.... That word fairness comes into play again
        Last edited by moira under the stairs; 13 January 2011, 20:41.
        MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
          You all seem surprised by hmrc mistakes.

How many of the smart or overachieving kids at school or university did you know that had an ambition to work for hmrc?

It's also probably why they aren't very nice and take pleasure in ruining people...... bitterness.
          Nothing about HMRC surprises me.

My brother-in-law used to work for them at quite a senior level and he was a right nasty vindictive little man.

He is a bit more of a human being these days.

Comment

Scope for Settling without interest

Im sure a lot of you are in the same position as me on this, the longer this goes on the more a drag on my personal life it becomes, I was in the scheme from the start up until 2005 so I have a lot of money at stake.

Im now at the point I just want it over with, whilst I hope and pray the COA will overturn this I am very pessimistic, call me a sceptic but I believe the government does have influence in these matters, perhaps Ive watched too many Judge John Deeds, we need him on this case!

Anyway, was wandering do you think HMRC may come to the table at some point and do a deal, for me *personally* now I would probably be in a position to scrape the tax money together but not the interest, this is something I would seriously consider now just to get this monkey off mine and my famlies back.

I believe we did everything by the book and this is indeed no admission of guilt but I have had 10years of worrying about this now and lifes too short for me to keep this going much longer!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              And?

I have had my MP challenge Gauke at least 3 times on his 'position' on BN66 before he was rewarded with a Government position and his current position of sitting on his hands.

His excuse is and I quote, 'this matter should be left to the courts.'

How the **** can he argue against BN66 when in opposition and do **** all when he is in a position to actually do something about it?
              You're not going to like the answer...in fact you'll probably swear at me....

David Gauke is a person
              The Secretary of State is a person

They are not the same person.

[This is not some zen-transformation - it is true in law]

He is now speaking as Secretary of State, not as David Gauke.

That's not to say that he can't change his mind, but I bet he's hoping the courts do sort it out.

I shall put my fingers in my ears now in preparation for the reply....
              There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Originally posted by Leyther70 View Post
                Im sure a lot of you are in the same position as me on this, the longer this goes on the more a drag on my personal life it becomes, I was in the scheme from the start up until 2005 so I have a lot of money at stake.

Im now at the point I just want it over with, whilst I hope and pray the COA will overturn this I am very pessimistic, call me a sceptic but I believe the government does have influence in these matters, perhaps Ive watched too many Judge John Deeds, we need him on this case!

Anyway, was wandering do you think HMRC may come to the table at some point and do a deal, for me *personally* now I would probably be in a position to scrape the tax money together but not the interest, this is something I would seriously consider now just to get this monkey off mine and my famlies back.

I believe we did everything by the book and this is indeed no admission of guilt but I have had 10years of worrying about this now and lifes too short for me to keep this going much longer!
                They did try this a year or so ago !!
                MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
                  They did try this a year or so ago !!
                  Really, I wasnt aware of this but then I dont live in the UK anymore but they still send me those nasty brown envelopes!

Comment

Originally posted by Leyther70 View Post
                    Really, I wasnt aware of this but then I dont live in the UK anymore but they still send me those nasty brown envelopes!
                    You don't live in the UK and you're still worried?

Do you have assets here?

If they aren't fighting fair then I think you shouldn't fight fair either.

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
                      You don't live in the UK and you're still worried?

Do you have assets here?

If they aren't fighting fair then I think you shouldn't fight fair either.
                      A few people on this forum have hinted at options open to those who have left the UK. I have investigated this a bit and haven't been able to come up with anything remotely sensible. Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Working...
                      X