• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    I have been contacted by someone who wanted to share their experience with others.

(To protect their identity, I have blanked out the name of the tax advisors they are now using to try and sort out their affairs.)
    Was Tim Warr AJs old buddy from the Suo Moto days? When AJ 'split' from MTM, he set up Suo Moto with someone else, I think it may have been Tim Warr. Correct me if I'm wrong, AJ.

Comment

Lets just relax a bit and take time out

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
      Was Tim Warr AJs old buddy from the Suo Moto days? When AJ 'split' from MTM, he set up Suo Moto with someone else, I think it may have been Tim Warr. Correct me if I'm wrong, AJ.

O K you guys this is my first post .......I am 'init' for a lot.....probably more that the average poster on here. We are getting to be an 'in fighting mob' what does it matter who said what who ****** who in the past. Who ...well WHATEVER !!

We need to relax a bit while we can.............the the fat lady is still confused ......... Christmas is around the corner......lots of us have families............ Its doesn't bare thing about what might happen to some of us..............

.BUT REMEMBER THIS ................2 things.............I forgot the very able gentleman who said.........some thing like............"TAX is more challenge-able thanks to the internet" ....and (2) .... its a long long way down the other side....................so please DONT FIGHT !!

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Darko View Post
        I have been talking to a friend of my fathers who is a barrister and she said if we lose in the Court of Appeal the only avenue open to us is to appeal to the Supreme Court.

She says we can't take the case to Europe because convention rights are part of UK Law by virtue of the UK Human Rights Act 1998 and we have to exhaust all domestic remedies before we can apply to Europe.

In the agreement we signed when we joined the scheme Montpelier committed to defending the scheme as far as the House of Lords which is now the Supreme Court.

Curiously there was no mention of the Supreme Court in the recent circular. Does anyone know why?

Do people expect Montpelier to honour this commitment?
        This is a point I have mentioned in the past. MTM \ Montepelier only gave a committment to go as far as the HoL (Supreme Court).

And, seeing as they are now drawing in their horns, I wait to see what their moves will be if the current judgement goes against us ie will they follow through to the Supreme Court or not?

I suspect any action after the Supreme Court will require affected people to through even larger amounts of cash at this absurd situation.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganymede View Post
          O K you guys this is my first post .......I am 'init' for a lot.....probably more that the average poster on here. We are getting to be an 'in fighting mob' what does it matter who said what who ****** who in the past. Who ...well WHATEVER !!

We need to relax a bit while we can.............the the fat lady is still confused ......... Christmas is around the corner......lots of us have families............ Its doesn't bare thing about what might happen to some of us..............

.BUT REMEMBER THIS ................2 things.............I forgot the very able gentleman who said.........some thing like............"TAX is more challenge-able thanks to the internet" ....and (2) .... its a long long way down the other side....................so please DONT FIGHT !!
          Hello, and welcome. You'll soon find out that fighting with AJ is par for the course. He's not 'in'. He's not one of us. You should check back over a few postings. AJ was involved in setting up the scheme originally, and is currently in a legal battle with MTM/Montpelier. It is best to keep this in mind when he posts, so background is always helpful. You're right of course, Christmas is round the corner, and I for one would like it to be as relaxed as possible.

Comment

Tim Warr

Someone else has asked me to post this on their behalf.

Been skimming the forum this morning and feel I must put the record straight on Warr:

I engaged with Warr over his scheme. He was completely honest with me about it, took no money from me, told me all the risks, issues and untested areas and what the possible outcomes could be. He made it very clear that this approach would raise my profile with HMRC (but we were marked the moment we joined MP in my opinion). He let me see all his counsel on the matter.

I pondered it for quite some time and eventually decided not to engage him and await outcome of appeal in our case, as I was so committed.

Since then I have spoken to him on and off about progress and what may or may not happen now. He is always forthcoming with information even though he knows I'll not be a client in all likelihood.

There's never been any 'dodgy' behaviour from this guy and he's absolutely truthful about risks, options and progress.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              Someone else has asked me to post this on their behalf.
              It's good to know that Warr is a nice guy but the real question is, has at least one person been sucessfully put through his scheme?
              If so then it would open the gates for other to follow. Without it having working for at least one person, it doesn't yet work (by definition).

Comment

Tim Warr

I will echo the comments on Tim Warr ..he was very reliable and professional in handling my Ltd company affairs when I joined sumoto and later when it all unravelled.

I think he is a good egg.

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
                  I will echo the comments on Tim Warr ..he was very reliable and professional in handling my Ltd company affairs when I joined sumoto and later when it all unravelled.

I've seen a lot of mention in the forum about Sumoto/Suo moto. What actually happened here?

Comment

Ditto.

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post

I enquired about the BN66 scheme an paid an initial fee for Tim to have a look at my case. I did not want to commit fully until a person using the scheme had successful results.

I ended up receiving an email from Tim after some time, when seemingly not a lot of progress with the initial clients on his scheme had been made. Due to this I was offered a refund on the money I had paid and we left it at that.

Can't comment whether the scheme ultimately did work or not, but I have a feeling that if it did, he might have contacted potential clients again.

In my experience Tim was honest, and very fair - possibly beyond what could have reasonably been expected of him.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                      Nah... that was a guy called Giles Morris I believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X