• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it runs on to Friday.
    I'm planning to be there Friday morning, followed by a beer in the George opposite. I'm not expecting too much in the way of opinion in any summing up since the Lords Justices need to make a full write up of the reasons for their decsions at the time that decision gets handed down, but should be interesting.
    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
    "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Not All Over?

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Anyone going today?

I'm waiting for my contact to provide an update but, from the sound of it, the PwC presentation was very technical yesterday.
      I read the Telegraph this morning and it appeared that the Huitson case was over and the judges were considering their verdicts etc.

Apparently you shouldn't believe everything you read!
      Last edited by Retro; 3 November 2010, 13:30.

Comment

Telegraph report

Originally posted by Retro View Post
        I read the Telegraph this morning and it appeared that the case was over and the judges were considering their verdicts etc.

Apparently you shouldn't believe everything you read!
        Indeed I have just put the Telegraph down and thought it was over till the verdict..

Comment

Telegraph

Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
          Indeed I have just put the Telegraph down and thought it was over till the verdict..
          Anybody contacted the Telegraph and put them straight?

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
            Anybody contacted the Telegraph and put them straight?
            Cynic in me thinks this intentional; info provided by suspect source.

Is article online?
            - SL -

Comment

Originally posted by silver_lining View Post
              Cynic in me thinks this intentional; info provided by suspect source.

Is article online?
              Can't see anything recent on the Telegraph site.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffia View Post
                Found the article, covers what Elvin said and Sing's reply. But I thought Elvin hadn't even spoken yet? What is going on???

Comment

Originally posted by Taffia View Post
                  Here's the link
                  IT consultant handed £100,000 tax bill accuses HMRC of violating his human rights - Telegraph

Comment

Wow the article seems to be somewhat balanced for once. For once the reporters haven't focused on the avoidance of the taxes but instead state that it was legal and changed retrospectively.
                    Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

DR - are you able to confirm that it will continue tomorrow and that Elvin will be speaking again?

Comment

Working...
                      X