• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

My contact reports that the PwC case appears to be going well.

PwC's barrister will finish his submissions this morning and then the Judges will decide whether to (a) hear HMRC's response straight away or (b) proceed to our case and let HMRC respond to both arguments at the end.

Comment

Today's hearing

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Anyone going today?
      I'm going to try and get in for the afternoon session. Doesn't sound like there's a lot of space, but if I get in, and can hear anything, I'll post here afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteCat View Post
        I'm going to try and get in for the afternoon session. Doesn't sound like there's a lot of space, but if I get in, and can hear anything, I'll post here afterwards.
        Good stuff. You'll either get to hear HMRC's response to PwC or the start of Elvin's submission.

Comment

My contact reports that the PwC case appears to be going well.

PwC's barrister will finish his submissions this morning and then the Judges will decide whether to (a) hear HMRC's response straight away or (b) proceed to our case and let HMRC respond to both arguments at the end.
          DR, werent KPMG also submitting or am I getting confused?

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
            DR, werent KPMG also submitting or am I getting confused?
            No, KPMG aren't involved in this. They're representing Steed's application to the European Court of Human Rights.

Comment

Apparently there are 11 people from HMRC there.

I'm not sure how my contact identified them as HMRC but I have an inkling...

Comment

HMRC are up next to respond to the PwC argument.

It doesn't look like Elvin will be presenting until tomorrow.

Comment

HMRC are up next to respond to the PwC argument.

It doesn't look like Elvin will be presenting until tomorrow.
                  Is the hearing restricted to 3 days? Will 1 day be enough for Elvin to present all the facts and HRMC to respond?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
                    Is the hearing restricted to 3 days? Will 1 day be enough for Elvin to present all the facts and HRMC to respond?
                    I wouldn't be surprised if it runs on to Friday.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if it runs on to Friday.
                      OK - wasn't sure if it was time constrained.

Comment

Working...
                      X