• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elvin ..lets not have any jailhouse rock !

I'll be there in and around lunch recess ... as I was during the last one ...will hope to say to all the other inmates in teh viewing gallery ...

respect to DR and all the team ..

Going to try to get BrilloPad out of his cage for the hearing as well !!

Comment

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
      Well, they'll lose me. I will leave these shores legally and pay / be bankrupted as it comes. But I for one will have no plans to contribute to this country if this goes South. In the 13 years of Labours Experiment, they dumbed down our whole Social Fabric with sound bites such as "fair share" but woefully unable to qualify it. But, what this means and all the other rubbish they brought into existence was nothing more than taking us all down to the lowest common denominator. "Unacceptable" is now used where right and wrong once lived. So me and my family are agreed that we will leave. We won't run and hide or avoid the legal obligations. But we will surrender any notion of being part of this hideous society if retrospection is the cure for incompentence. And if this is the outcome, then I would renounce my citizenship at the first opportunity. That's my Plan B.
      As I stated in a previous post, this is my intention also!

I don't intend to run and hide or do anything illegal for that matter, I shall simply declare myself bankrupt and leave for a country that treats it's citizens fairly and with respect. The bank owns everything anyway so there will be bugg3r all left for HMRC!!

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather stay and contribute to society but I'm not willing to endure an oppressive tax regime in order to do so.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Fair and proportionate?

Whilst I’m at it, HMRC keep banging on about fair and proportionate, let’s not forget this all started with the introduction of IR35, legislation that has been described in court and widely accepted as “discrimination” – how exactly is that fair and proportionate?? Oh I see, it isn't.... Just like the BN66 then!!

Comment

Jones watch....

just back from the courtroom ...

much smaller room and much more modern room .. court 70 in the east wing ...

turned up with 30mins to go before lunch recess ..and No sign of Jones.

Elvin was sat down and an older portlier chap was doing our bidding ..he was barely audible but refreshingly all 3 judges were awake .. were asking pertinent questions and were audible..

the audience was 14 folks in suits and one guy in casuals ...there really wasn't very much room in the court and no upper gallery as before so no chance to get the phone out !!

our guy was discussing the IOM and its statehood ... part of a member state .. or a "3rd country" ... etc etc...he discussed the case of Jersey potatoes and a case that went through european law to determine Jerseys statehood ...

it ended nicely with the head judge determining that it was 1300 and all this talk of jersey potatoes had left him quit peckish .... and promptly left to return at 1400 ....

If you go ...best to take a hearing aid.

CPBWRN

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
            just back from the courtroom ...

much smaller room and much more modern room .. court 70 in the east wing ...

turned up with 30mins to go before lunch recess ..and No sign of Jones.

Elvin was sat down and an older portlier chap was doing our bidding ..he was barely audible but refreshingly all 3 judges were awake .. were asking pertinent questions and were audible..

the audience was 14 folks in suits and one guy in casuals ...there really wasn't very much room in the court and no upper gallery as before so no chance to get the phone out !!

our guy was discussing the IOM and its statehood ... part of a member state .. or a "3rd country" ... etc etc...he discussed the case of Jersey potatoes and a case that went through european law to determine Jerseys statehood ...

it ended nicely with the head judge determining that it was 1300 and all this talk of jersey potatoes had left him quit peckish .... and promptly left to return at 1400 ....

If you go ...best to take a hearing aid.

CPBWRN
            Just to re-cap. Hearing will take place today and tomorrow. When does the judges decision get read out?

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post

CPBWRN
              I might be wrong but this sounds more like the PwC case - Art 56 of the EU Treaty.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
                Just to re-cap. Hearing will take place today and tomorrow. When does the judges decision get read out?
                I was under the impression it would be 3 days.

We're unlikely to get a decision until Dec or Jan.

Comment

If PwC wins?

So if we don't win our case but Pwc win there's do we have scope to jump on their rulling?

Just wondered if both will be ruled on seperately since they are both different arguments.

Comment

Delivery of result

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Don't you mean in true HMRC style we're likley to get a decision on 24th December...just in time no doubt to ruin all festivities....!

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Cheers DR.

Comment

Working...
                      X