• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just heard a rumour that somebody high up in MP has been raided this morning by HMRC, been arrested and had a load of files etc seized by HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
      I've just heard a rumour that somebody high up in MP has been raided this morning by HMRC, been arrested and had a load of files etc seized by HMRC.
      Source?

Comment

Sorry, I'd rather not say. If it's true, then you'd have to say that the action would seem to be timed so as to cause as much distraction and bad press before the appeal. HMRC wouldn't stoop so low would they?

If it's not true (and I hope it isn't) then apologies for wasting your time.

Comment

Sorry, I'd rather not say. If it's true, then you'd have to say that the action would seem to be timed so as to cause as much distraction and bad press before the appeal. HMRC wouldn't stoop so low would they?

If it's not true (and I hope it isn't) then apologies for wasting your time.
          if thats the case then I view that as desperation measures on their part. They either know something that could jeopardise the COA and want that info because its going to jeopardise their case, or as you say its a cynical attempt to try and disrupt the process, again on the basis they think they are on dodgy ground.
          Last edited by smalldog; 30 September 2010, 10:10.

Comment

If what I'm hearing is true, this is very, very serious. Raids on at least three offices.

Comment

If what I'm hearing is true, this is very, very serious. Raids on at least three offices.
              Raids in connection with what?

Comment

DR, are you able to get any clarifaction of what's happening at MP today?

Thanks.

Comment

just phoned the Manc office and they arent aware of anything

Comment

Don't panic! Don't panic!

Originally posted by RockTheBoat View Post
                    just phoned the Manc office and they arent aware of anything
                    MP are a big outfit, and only a small part of it is working on our stuff.
                    Even if it turns out to be true then it could be completely unconnected with our case.

Let's keep our heads......
                    Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                      MP are a big outfit, and only a small part of it is working on our stuff.
                      Even if it turns out to be true then it could be completely unconnected with our case.

Let's keep our heads......
                      it could be to do with the fact its now illegal to provide advice to avoid tax, being tax advisers and all. Pure speculation of course..I agree with Ninja, they do more than just handle our relatively small affairs, lets not be so arrogant to think the world revolves round us and MP do just our laundry.
                      Last edited by smalldog; 30 September 2010, 12:22.

Comment

Working...
                      X