• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please rate the new idea

We have now got the most comments on the site but a lot of people who rated the original Section 58 topic (which has been locked) haven't rated the new one.

See my signature for a link to the new one.

Thanks!
    DR

Comment

Does anyone know if the MP fees can be expensed if/when we eventually lose?

I'm under the impression it can't be done but wondered if anyone had looked into it properly

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        We have now got the most comments on the site but a lot of people who rated the original Section 58 topic (which has been locked) haven't rated the new one.

See my signature for a link to the new one.

Thanks!
        DR
        I just looked and could not see us on the list of highest comments.

Regards
        Fred

Comment

Originally posted by FredBasset View Post
          I just looked and could not see us on the list of highest comments.

Regards
          Fred
          See top entry on this list with 420 comments.

Restoring civil liberties — HMG - Your Freedom

Comment

Well done to everyone who has contributed to the thread. As DR has already said, please vote if you havent.

And if you havent commented, please do. It only takes a few minutes.

Also, a big thank you to Alan Jones for inadvertantly helping to make our topic the most commented one
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

Also, a big thank you to Alan Jones for inadvertantly helping to make our topic the most commented one
              I'm not Alan but are you sure that is a good thing. A lot of comments may be viewed as a contentious issue and therefore one to avoid rather than investigate.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I'm not Alan but are you sure that is a good thing. A lot of comments may be viewed as a contentious issue and therefore one to avoid rather than investigate.

There is no forum in the world that you are going to stop Jones commenting on, apart from a private one closed to the public. In which case, theres no point having it.

I think it's a good thing that Jones has given us the opportunity to pull apart his (and HMRC's) arguments.

Nick Clegg promised to look at issues that the public post on the website. Contentious or not, he owes it to the electorate to take them seriously.
                I don't think it would look good if he set up a website asking for public opinion and then ignored it because it didnt fit in with his views.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Call me cynical but I don't believe they will repeal anything just because it is suggested on this website.

They will decide which laws they want to repeal and then point out which of the ones just happened to be on the website as though this had some bearing on the decision. By now there can't be many laws which haven't been suggested.

The whole thing is just a pretence at democracy and quite frankly an insult to the voters.

The only reason for keeping our topic up there is just on the off chance that an MP, or someone else with influence, sees it and wonders why an obscure budget measure from 2 years ago is creating so much fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
                    Does anyone know if the MP fees can be expensed if/when we eventually lose?

I'm under the impression it can't be done but wondered if anyone had looked into it properly
                    Can anyone help me out with this pls?

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
                      Can anyone help me out with this pls?
                      Not sure what you mean by "expensed". Can you elaborate?

Comment

Working...
                      X