• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell up in secret, gather all that you need in terms of possesions and wealth and leave to the New World without telling anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggles View Post
      Hi,

I've just had a notice of enforcement by distraint telling me to pay a substantial amount within 5 days or they are coming to take my possessions. Bl**dy hell!

Has anyone else had one of these? This on top of a divorce that is rapidly coming to completion, i am considering just paying up. Feels like everyone wants a slice of me and can do with the added aggro.

Quite a few people have been sent distraint notices by mistake.

Get on to Montpelier and they'll sort out.

Comment

Thanks DR. I'll give them a ring after 9.

Cheers.

Comment

Closure notice for year-end April 2008

I had been wondering where this had got to, as I hadn't yet got a complete set. It came through yesterday, so sent off to Montpelier to appeal as usual. This one came from a Local Compliance office in Bristol (from a Mr Lye, I kid you not . . .), yet another new address for me.

Comment

incompetent idiots

BBC News - Tax credit details revealed by Revenue's mistake

One woman from Hyde in Greater Manchester has told the BBC her letter included her neighbour's earnings.

She also got the bank sort code and the last four digits of the bank account number of another claimant.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post

BBC News - Tax credit details revealed by Revenue's mistake

One woman from Hyde in Greater Manchester has told the BBC her letter included her neighbour's earnings.

She also got the bank sort code and the last four digits of the bank account number of another claimant.
              Incompetence I can live with.

It's conspiracy and corruption that I have a problem with.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteCat View Post
                I had been wondering where this had got to, as I hadn't yet got a complete set. It came through yesterday, so sent off to Montpelier to appeal as usual. This one came from a Local Compliance office in Bristol (from a Mr Lye, I kid you not . . .), yet another new address for me.
                Yeah, I had mine through at the start of the week. I'll get MontyP on the case. . .

Comment

Hmm, Lib Dems seem to be having a few problems. Danny Alexander avoided CGT using a legal loophole. Interestingly, listening to the news, that seems to be pretty much accepted as a minor indiscretion, as he didn't break any rules. I hope they bear that in mind when reading their mail!
                  BBC News - Treasury chief Danny Alexander 'paid home sale taxes'

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                    Hmm, Lib Dems seem to be having a few problems. Danny Alexander avoided CGT using a legal loophole. Interestingly, listening to the news, that seems to be pretty much accepted as a minor indiscretion, as he didn't break any rules. I hope they bear that in mind when reading their mail!
                    BBC News - Treasury chief Danny Alexander 'paid home sale taxes'
                    I wouldnt get your hopes up.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                      Danny Alexander avoided CGT using a legal loophole.
                      Would these be the same LibDems who, during the election campaign, called for tax avoiders to be hung in public, and then burned at the stake.

Okay, I exaggerate a little, but you get the point. Tax avoidance was a major drumbeat for the LibDems.

"Do as we say, not as we ourselves have done..."

Comment

Working...
                      X