• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividends from retained profit of previous year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividends from retained profit of previous year

Brief question about the board minutes for dividends taken from retained profit (i.e. the previous financial year)...

My standard template says "a dividend of £xx per Ordinary Share in respect of the year ending [year end date] be paid forthwith to those shareholders registered on [date of board meeting]."

If I take the dividend from the retained profits, should the [year end date] be the previous year during which the profits were earned, or should it be the current financial year during which they are being paid?

Cheers!

The company financial year in which the dividend is paid. Doesn't matter whether the profits are carried forward from the last year, or taken from operating profits in this year.
    Plan A is located just about here.
    If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Thanks for that!

Comment

Working...
      X