• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Upton & Co restraining and freezing injunctions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps these are the reasons for higher fees?

http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/stories/bow11e.asp

Or

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...or-reborn.html

Make your own mind up.

Comment

Darren and another accountant I know of near me in London, who is cheaper than SJD/Brooksons, have a habit of answering their phones and emailing when they are on one of their holidays.

One thing you have to remember is the more staff you employ the bigger your overheads.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Darren and another accountant I know of near me in London, who is cheaper than SJD/Brooksons, have a habit of answering their phones and emailing when they are on one of their holidays.

One thing you have to remember is the more staff you employ the bigger your overheads.
        Oh come on you don't really believe that do you?

So you think it's best to choose an accountant who has no staff, no support, who answers all the calls whether it be from prospective customers, existing clients or somebody trying to sell them a new photocopier, has to worry about paying their bills, office rent, ordering the stationery not to mention the endless pursuit of hunting down more new business and developing plans to grow their business whilst running their business? Hey wait a minute this sounds like my life as a contractor.

Surely every one man band dreams of the day their business has grown so much that they can hire more staff and keep growing so they can hire even more staff. I very much doubt any successful business person wants to stay as a one man band forever.

And how on earth does a one man band accountant answer his phone when he's on holiday? I can see the scene now, there they are playing in the sun with their family in the Caribbean and ring ring ring ring 'Oh I know your on holiday but I just have this question about VAT'.

My accountants life is far easier, all he has to do is focus all his attention, time and effort on providing the very best service he can to me. He doesn't have all the worry about running his business, somebody else is doing it for him and when he goes on holiday somebody else helps me. The last thing I'd want to do is call him on his holiday, give the poor guy a break.
        Last edited by williamdavis; 5 February 2010, 11:49.

Comment

Interesting that Uptons have made no formal comment to this thread.

I think like a few others on this forum i am another unhappy Brookson customer Despite numerous phone call requests i have never yet managed to speak to an account there directly

(i note a large advert from PlanIt services on this forum - but never heard anyone recommend them!)

Comment

Originally posted by williamdavis View Post
            Our come on you don't really believe that do you?

So you think it's best to choose an accountant who has no staff, no support, who answers all the calls whether it be from prospective customers, existing clients or somebody trying to sell them a new photocopier, has to worry about paying their bills, office rent, ordering the stationery not to mention the endless pursuit of hunting down more new business and developing plans to grow their business whilst running their business? Hey wait a minute this sounds like my life as a contractor.

Surely every one man band dreams of the day their business has grown so much that they can hire more staff and keep growing so they can hire even more staff. I very much doubt any successful business person wants to stay as a one man band forever.

And how on earth does a one man band accountant answer his phone when he's on holiday? I can see the scene now, there they are playing in the sun with their family in the Caribbean and ring ring ring ring 'Oh I know your on holiday but I just have this question about VAT'.

My accountants life is far easier, all he has to do is focus all his attention, time and effort on providing the very best service he can to me. He doesn't have all the worry about running his business, somebody else is doing it for him and when he goes on holiday somebody else helps me. The last thing I'd want to do is call him on his holiday, give the poor guy a break.
            It is so nice of you to care for the clients and staff of an accountants you do not use

Comment

Working...
            X