• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opt in or out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opt in or out?

Hi,

Worked at clientco for 18months (opted out).

11 months break.

Now back with same clientco - agent wants me to sign opt out.

What would you do?

as you already know the client, technically I don't think you can opt out.

Comment

Read malvolio's blog on it
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If you opted out before, then opt out again.

If you want to opt in, then opt in.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Interesting question, as you technically know the client logically you cannot opt out, but then law has little to do with logic

Few things to take into consideration:
          Same Agency? Then doubt could legally opt out, if different agency then tricky

Did they 'introduce' you to client again (interview face to face/telephone)? Then definitely cannot legally opt out

Comment

I thought that you could opt out for new engagements, which this undoubtedly is.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
              Interesting question, as you technically know the client logically you cannot opt out, but then law has little to do with logic

Few things to take into consideration:
              Same Agency? Then doubt could legally opt out, if different agency then tricky

Did they 'introduce' you to client again (interview face to face/telephone)? Then definitely cannot legally opt out
              No introduction via agency - I got a phone call from the clientco. I do like it when I get repeat business! Nice to be appreciated!

T

Comment

Working...
              X