• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC payroll CD-Rom and backdating start date

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC payroll CD-Rom and backdating start date

After a period of not working through my company, I started to work through it again but it has been a few months before I got round to sorting out the payroll.

Do you think it's OK to backdate the start date of when my payroll was reactivated?

Or is it better to start it from now and effectively have a few months when I wasn't being paid? I could pay myself a larger amount now in respect of those few months

I don't think it really matters... it's much simpler just to start paying again from now on. If you're worried about paying yourself a set amount by the end of the tax year just up the remaining monthly payments to meet it.

QB.

Comment

Working...
    X