• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice and Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never seen that happen with final payment, but in general credit control can be very sloppy and that is definately something that we are on top of. I have seen problems in the past where credit control was sloppy, the contractor didn't know the true extent of the problem (and neither did the umbrella company I suspect) and then the agency went under with an unpaid debt of 30k and no real recourse to payment without expensive legal action , and maybe not even then!!! I agree it could have been prevented by having done good control in teh beginning.

I also have to agree I quite enjoy 'those phonecalls' wher eone gets payment form an agency. It is often inefficiency which has stopped the payment or just holding off to the last minute!

Comment

Your domain name reveals some interesting things.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
        Your domain name reveals some interesting things.
        Hmmm just tried the site...and got a lot of info about ireland???
        Why are the people behind "visit Ireland" running umbrellas?
        Last edited by Not So Wise; 7 December 2005, 23:10.

Comment

Web Development

We're currently developing the web site so we have just parked it there for the moment. Will let you know as soon as we have it but as usual these things take longer than expected!!

Comment

Confidence

Originally posted by Commonwealth Contractors
            We're currently developing the web site so we have just parked it there for the moment. Will let you know as soon as we have it but as usual these things take longer than expected!!
            Great start guys - try and be more "aligned" next time.

Comment

Fair comment, like I said these things always take longer than you expect, but I can see that it could be better. Have now redirected it for the moment to keep everyone happy and not to advertise the merits of Ireland!!!!

Comment

Ok

fairy nuff

Comment

Originally posted by Commonwealth Contractors
                  I also have to agree I quite enjoy 'those phonecalls' wher eone gets payment form an agency. It is often inefficiency which has stopped the payment or just holding off to the last minute!
                  Given that every bank and Business Link in the country advises that you only pay debts on the day due to aid cash flow what is wrong with holding off until the last minute?

Comment

I understand agencies waiting to pay last minute but any longer is not acceptable or contractors do not get their money on time and have their bills to pay too!!

Comment

Working...
                    X