• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winding Up Ltd Company and staring again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Pilgrim View Post
    Is there anything to stop anyone going to an Umbrella for a six month stint ??

And THEN re-opening a new co ???
    You might be more likely to get the entrepreneurs relief if you could say you are going into permanent employment.

Obviously this is just supposition as I don't know of anybody who's claimed it yet.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Nothing at all. It would be a damned silly waste of time and money of course.
      Suppose it would.

Mind you first time I need (or even want) a contract in Holland / Belgium / Switzerland where using your own Ltd co is not an option I'm shutting down and (hopefully) taking the comapny coffers (minus 10%)

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Pilgrim View Post
        Suppose it would.

Mind you first time I need (or even want) a contract in Holland / Belgium / Switzerland where using your own Ltd co is not an option I'm shutting down and (hopefully) taking the comapny coffers (minus 10%)
        My thoughts were just to keep on trading until all the work I had eventually dried up, then go down the winding up route. The idea of artificially closing down and starting up again came about due to the mess that the country is currently in. I can't see any new government keeping the 10% entrepreneurial rate for long, or even the 18% CGT rate. It is hard to justify some people paying 50% (exc NI) on income, and some other (richer) people paying 10% on capital gains. So maybe this is against the clock.

Comment

Working...
        X