• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arrested for drugs possession but not charged yet - do I disclose?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    From the man that starts "Light a Candle for One a Day" topics.

Pussy.
    Meow
    Still Invoicing

Comment

As I see it, the "offence" has no relation to your skills at an IT Contractor, nor is it a fraud case. Therefore, any client has no right to go poking around.

Comment

Put some LSD in the water cooler at the investment bank. Bring your weed too, and when the traders start mumbling into their keyboards and trying to climb into the trading screens you can roll a few spliffs and calm everyone down.

HTH

Cats are evil.

Comment

Is it not...

innocent until proved guilty anymore?

Silly me....

Comment

Originally posted by mirageman View Post
            I was walking back home rolling a spliff...

I was also carrying class A psychedelic drugs (acid, dmt, 2cb, 2ce) for personal consumption...

I work in investment banking...
            Remind me again why the global economy is FUBAR?
            If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
              Is it not...

innocent until proved guilty anymore?

Silly me....
              Not when you have admitted the offence.......
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                Not when you have admitted the offence.......
                They might lose the evidence..... no charge to answer....

Comment

I would advise explaining the situation to your line manager or to an HR rep to see what they suggest. _Some_ banks would terminate your contract on the spot, but others may be more lenient. You may get away lying on your declaration, but these things can take months, I couldnt stand the stress every time my manager asked for a quick word.

You'd be surprised how many people have dabbled themselves at some point in their life, and they realise that these things don't usually affect your work negatively

Comment

Working...
                  X