• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MY travel expence's 40pound a day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deckster View Post
    More to the point, why not get a bike? A £10 taxi journey can't be far, and the £400 you'll save in the first month will more than pay for a decent commuter bike plus associated locks and stuff. After that it's quids in, plus you'll be much fitter to boot. Everyone's a winner.

Lots of presumptions.

Some offices don't have showers.

Some people actually get sweaty and smell when they have been cycling. (I've had to suffer smelly colleagues when the showers haven't been working.)
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Some people actually get sweaty and smell when they have been cycling.
      Not as much as people who have been on the Tube. And those people don't even consider needing a shower when they get to the office.

I did once work at a place which had no shower facilities, but I used to take a flannel and have a quick strip wash in one of the more remote loos in the building, plus a bit of a deodorant spray after. No problem.

And a ten quid taxi fare is probably, what, four miles? No sweat, as they say.

Comment

Working...
      X