• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35/ Offshore scheme/ HMRC - potential liability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pimpernell View Post
    But maybe that's what it' sall about right now and their intention is (simply): you tried to screw us for tax and NI, so we're going to make your life as miserable as possible, without actually being able to nail you to the mast right now , but don't ever try to relax matey boy.
    That just about sums it up I think, and why they may leave returns open indefinitely unless you ask for closure. The problem is who wants to stick their head above the parapet?

You should ask Horizon whether they have any plans to force the issue with HMRC and push for closure.

As Emigre said, until BN66 is resolved I think it's unlikely we'll see more retro legislation.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      That just about sums it up I think, and why they may leave returns open indefinitely unless you ask for closure. The problem is who wants to stick their head above the parapet?

You should ask Horizon whether they have any plans to force the issue with HMRC and push for closure.

As Emigre said, until BN66 is resolved I think it's unlikely we'll see more retro legislation.
      So thats 2012 then.

Comment

Working...
      X