• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help

i recently started a new job but will not get paid for a month what am i supposed to do for money until i get paid i thought about signing on until i get paid then sign off is this ok or will i get into trouble?????

can any one give me some advise

You could have a clearout and sell some unused stuff?
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Only a mont? I had to wait 90 days! All part and parcel of being a contractor (it would be the same as if you started a new permie job!)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If you sign on then you'll be a benefit cheat.

If you have cashflow problems then try and borrow to tide you over.

Options would be:

Overdraft, Credit Cards or a personal loan... taking money off the state isn't the answer.

The good news is that when you finish this contract you'll get paid a month later for doing nothing.

Comment

You certainly do.

Comment

Have you thought of asking them for an advance?

Or maybe you could become a rent boy for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by paulbrogden View Post
              i recently started a new job but will not get paid for a month what am i supposed to do for money until i get paid i thought about signing on until i get paid
              "a new job" = permie. Wrong board. FOAD.

"will not get paid for a month" - if you are contracting, , it'll be far more than that, matey boy! They don't pay you on the last day of the month, you know. You've probably got 7 to 11 weeks to go.

By all means sign on as unemployed or jobseeking; just remember to tell them you are in full time employment and explain your circumstances. They'll be fine about it and will explain how everything works.

Originally posted by paulbrogden View Post
              can any one give me some advise
              Using capital letters costs the same.

Advise is spelled 'advice' when it is a noun.

Always wash your sockpuppets in pairs and at a low temperature to prevent unmatched fading.

HTH
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
              X