• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

searching for a month 1 tax year 2008/2009 PAYE calculator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

searching for a month 1 tax year 2008/2009 PAYE calculator

I have lost the payslip for the first PAYE payment in the 08/09 tax year - it was a bonus payment for after I had been made redundant, left and had already been given a P45. I never got a P60 from this company either for this tax year.

I can see the net amount paid on my bank statements, but that doesn't help for my tax form or indeed my child tax credit calculations (due today).

I emailed the company to find out the gross amounts and deductions but they didn't reply.

I've spent hours looking on the web for a tax calcuator to try to reverse calculate what the gross amount would have been - I think I know what my tax code was at the time. Unfortunately none of the calculators seem to apply a month 1 calculation (not that I can tell anyway). The HMRC one does do this but only for the current 09/10 tax year and also it gives figures relating to columns on a paper form rather than a layman's explanation of the figures.

Does anyone know a tax calculator anywhere please?

In the meantime, I'll have to phone the child tax credit helpline and give an estimated figure I guess.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

You could perhaps phone HMRC and ask what records they hold for you on the PAYE reference ? It could take a while to get through.

Otherwise if you have all the info a backwards calculation may be possible, PM if I can help...

You might also be able to use this one on HMRC website. try guessing (!) at the gross figure, aim high and then and reducing it gradually !

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PhilAtBFCA View Post
      You could perhaps phone HMRC and ask what records they hold for you on the PAYE reference ? It could take a while to get through.

Otherwise if you have all the info a backwards calculation may be possible, PM if I can help...

You might also be able to use this one on HMRC website. try guessing (!) at the gross figure, aim high and then and reducing it gradually !

Phil
      Many many thanks for your help Phil!
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
      X