• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant troubles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amure1 View Post
    Hi All

I was with GIANT before I started my limited company last year, I recently contacted them to get some info from the last 3 years as I got a letter stating that I may have pay to much tax. When I requested the info about my previous contracts they said they had no information anymore and that it was removed because I was no longer with them. aAre they not meant to keep financial information for about 6 years by law?!? they kept telling me they changed there name every time I told them they have to have some sort of record..

Is there anything I can do or say to get my info from them

Thanks
    If you gave them receipts for travel etc, they must still have them as part of their books and records. Also, they MUST keep the information for six years, they where your employer so they must keep all sales invoices, payroll records, calculations and travel records an umbrella company is no different from any other company. HMR&C may want to review their procedures for auditing the receipts so they must have the information for that.

They should give you the information you require, but they may charge you for it which is reasonable, as they would have to pay storage charges for 6 years

If you have paid too much tax, why not ask HMR&C for your previous Tax returns submitted, or see if they can provide you with information that will help you work out if you paid too much tax. HMR&C will be willing to help you.

Not sure of the position if a company closes...

Comment

Working...
    X