• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I allowed/right to choose own umbrella co?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well yeah again another reason why I am sticking to umbrella at the moment . because like i said i dont know anything about going ltd .

thx alot for making me feel welcome bunch of co cks to all those who loved to get off at the screen correcting my posts and didnt bother giving me any thing near constructive other then give negative vibes . (other then cojak which i say thx to for the advice who has consistantly help me so far , as well as other minorties)

how about giving pointers into what research maybe needed to go ltd other then slag people off
    Last edited by cv65user; 21 July 2009, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by cv65user View Post
      how about giving pointers into what research maybe needed to go ltd other then slag people off
      Only advise you will need: Click links under CUK Navigation (That >>>>> side page, at top) and read

Comment

Originally posted by cv65user View Post
        well yeah again another reason why I am sticking to umbrella at the moment . because like i said i dont know anything about going ltd .

thx alot for making me feel welcome bunch of co cks to all those who loved to get off at the screen correcting my posts and didnt bother giving me any thing near constructive other then give negative vibes . (other then cojak which i say thx to for the advice who has consistantly help me so far , as well as other minorties)

I thought the posts here were very constructive and reasonable. You aren't really suitable to contracting are you? Try being a permie where you get spoon fed.

Comment

Going Limited or Umbrella

cv65user

If you are interested in going limited then this link has a spreadsheet and a video that explains how to use it. You can see what the difference is between Umbrella, Limited and direct with the agency for your particular circumstances.

If you really want to run your own business then a Limited Company is a good option and it does come with some responsibilities, so I would do some research on the subject both in the First Timers Guide on CUK here. There is a knowldegbebase for How To Run a Limited Company also here.

I hope that helps.

Phil
          Last edited by PhilAtBFCA; 22 July 2009, 07:52. Reason: spelling

Comment

I think choosing between umbrella and limited company depends on how much your earning, and how long your contracts are lasting. Some umbrella companies offer both options, and they will do you a calculation for both to see which option is most tax efficient for you.

Comment

Working...
            X