• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK (VAT) Accounting Software with 10 year licence?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK (VAT) Accounting Software with 10 year licence?

Hi I'm looking to buy some accounting software to do simple books and supporting UK VAT. I am a one man limited company.

Does anyone know where I can buy an accounting package which the vendor will support the validation of legitimate licenses for a reasonable amount of time live 10 years?

I currently have Intuit Quickbooks 2004 but I know cannot re-validate license keys if I have to move the software to a different machine.

Apologies if I seem frustrated, I've been caught out once with a disk crash, when I had to fork out for an upgrade I would not have deemed necessary and I'm trying to stay ahead this time.

---
    Intuits support crew told me they don't keep the tools to re-validate license keys for unsupported software. Their sales team verified that support generally lasts 3 years.

Sage.

Comment

www.vtsoftware.co.uk do a free cash book or a cheap ledger-based program - you'd have to check with them of course, but I think that the activation code would work on any machine so you'd be OK if you kept the original program download files and a note of the activation code.

Comment

Accounting Software for One person Ltd Companies

You could try FreeAgent ? It is an Online service. Excellent for keeping accounts, payroll and VAT. Also forecasts your personal taxation based on the records in FreeAgent, very useful for tax planning.

Phil

PS Disclosure : We recommend this to all our clients !
        Last edited by PhilAtBFCA; 7 July 2009, 09:56. Reason: disclosure

Comment

moneysoft?
          "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
          X