• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - the road to Judicial Review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DR please please go to Jones's appeal and do you standing up proclaiming Im Donkey Rhubarb bit, comedic genius!!!! see how he likes someone meddling in his affairs...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Jones View Post
      Some of you Guys just don't get it.

If Montpelier win (i.e. if i lose my Appeal in March 2010) then i will be made bankrupt .

If i win then i will NOT be bankrupt but will NOT make money out of it.

I have to put my best case forward. Only truthful submissions will be considered.

It is not a grudge match or battle. Montpelier sued me . I believe they were wrong and i have to defend their allegations or lie down and "die".

That's it and nothing else. Whatever other spin other parties put on it or give to DR to post is irrelevant.

The large and almighty Montpelier thought they could give me a good kicking. They might end up succeeding but i am fighting to the bitter end - just like you guys.
      Tough tulip. If you want a thread to defend your position then create one. Dont try and use this thread as a vehicle to justify your stance of working in cahoot with hmrc.

Now sling your hook, we arent interested.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Originally Posted by srhcompcon
        Also bear in mind that a lot of lurkers have de-lurked recently and this forum has been useful to see that at least progress is being made. Just need to be very careful what you put on here!

You will never be able to guarantee that someone signing up to a seperate forum is who they say they are!Also bear in mind that a lot of lurkers have de-lurked recently and this forum has been useful to see that at least progress is being made. Just need to be very careful what you put on here!
        Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        We've been discussing this, and there are ways.
        Pressure groups are successful because they are public. We have seen many comments on here of people following this thread because they are interested in the case. Take it private and you will loose not only me, many lurkers, many interested parties but the pressure group as a whole that has developed via this forum.
        I dont care in the slightest what was quoted in court. Keep it public.

Regarding leaving the UK, I already have. However, I do intend to return at will. Running away from HMRC debts will not work for you - would you really want to get arrested at the airport when you return to visit your sick mother, siblings etc. The impact of the outcome is as serious to me now as it was before I left.

Clearly people are entitled to express their (elevated) feelings - posting them in the public domain does not mean they will act upon them. A point I think the administrators clearly made to the police in the other posts we've been reading and something the police apparently accepted.

Dont let paranoia take over. I stand with DR on this subject. Keep it public !

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Please be very careful what you discuss on here, especially any information from outside the forum.

Our "friends" are continually monitoring.
          The Romans?

Jeez it's worse than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBarCapBoyz View Post
            The Romans?

Jeez it's worse than I thought.
            Why - what did they ever do for us?

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
              Why - what did they ever do for us?
              you beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Nothing to do with it, don't play so innocent. Admins know more than you will ever know about that one. But if anything you should have been banned as the police came back with what your work IP address got up to in that whole affair, was shocked to be honest. Wasn't going to mention it but you pushed it!
                How do you know which ip addresses were in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Jones View Post
                  Some of you Guys just don't get it.

If Montpelier win (i.e. if i lose my Appeal in March 2010) then i will be made bankrupt .

If i win then i will NOT be bankrupt but will NOT make money out of it.

I have to put my best case forward. Only truthful submissions will be considered.

It is not a grudge match or battle. Montpelier sued me . I believe they were wrong and i have to defend their allegations or lie down and "die".

That's it and nothing else. Whatever other spin other parties put on it or give to DR to post is irrelevant.

The large and almighty Montpelier thought they could give me a good kicking. They might end up succeeding but i am fighting to the bitter end - just like you guys.
                  Will you claim insanity to stop the court case going ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Unforunately I don't have the PMs either,Brillo.

I'm all for "transparency" though, a word that HMRC have never heard of.
                    KiwiInLondon has the PM - top man

Confirms my suspicion that everyone should be very careful what they post on here. And that does not just apply to the bn66 thread.
                    Last edited by BrilloPad; 23 January 2010, 12:32. Reason: apologies - it was KiwiInLondon - me bad

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      How do you know which ip addresses were in there?
                      How does someone find lot of information about someone from a bulletinboard? I'm not really an expert on that, nor would go to that trouble. You don't need to worry about me turning up on your doorstep.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X