• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - the road to Judicial Review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hogwarts

Originally posted by swede View Post
    bloody hell - sounds like Hogwarts.
    Totally right ... Brillopad, I plus another colleague asked a staff member where to go ....proceeded up the winding stone steps ...making so much noise that when we reached the upstairs gallery my wife was busily trying to get us to shhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

after spending ~30mins upstairs ..I found it quite hard to hear the whispering judge so can understand why every is concentrating NOT to make any noise.

will go along 2mrw lunchtime ish and try and say hi to everyone ..even Alan "I am Jones" Jones.

I like our chap Elvin(s) .... btw> did anyone say Elvin has left the building when the case finished tonight

Comment

Originally posted by ROBIN REDBREAST View Post
      Thanks for providing all the updates today, typically our internet access at work has been down all day....perhaps infliltrated by HMRC!!!

Indeed, if anyone could summarise the days events and also if anyone managed to speak to our legal team at the end of the day to see what thir thoughts on preceedings were??

DR conspicuous by his absence...hopefully he's out celebratin....!!
      I know that DR lives hours away from London and probably hasn't got his laptop or any other means to post on the Forum apart from internet cafes etc. I suspect as Santa generously offered to post updates, DR has been involved with the legal team (I knew he spoke on a regular basis prior to today).

Anyway... major thanks to all who've updated so far and of course to DR himself as we probably wouldn't be at court today if he hadn't decided to stand up and rally the troops against the playground bully boys from Special Civil Investigations.

Comment

Our QC...

Is this our man?

http://www.landmarkchambers.co.uk/ba...ls/david_elvin

Originally posted by normalbloke View Post
        I know that DR lives hours away from London and probably hasn't got his laptop or any other means to post on the Forum apart from internet cafes etc. I suspect as Santa generously offered to post updates, DR has been involved with the legal team (I knew he spoke on a regular basis prior to today).

Anyway... major thanks to all who've updated so far and of course to DR himself as we probably wouldn't be at court today if he hadn't decided to stand up and rally the troops against the playground bully boys from Special Civil Investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBIN REDBREAST View Post
          He sounds like a top man. I bet he doesn't come cheap
          Last edited by rosbiff; 19 January 2010, 20:42. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
            Totally right ... Brillopad, I plus another colleague asked a staff member where to go ....proceeded up the winding stone steps ...making so much noise that when we reached the upstairs gallery my wife was busily trying to get us to shhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

after spending ~30mins upstairs ..I found it quite hard to hear the whispering judge so can understand why every is concentrating NOT to make any noise.

will go along 2mrw lunchtime ish and try and say hi to everyone ..even Alan "I am Jones" Jones.

I like our chap Elvin(s) .... btw> did anyone say Elvin has left the building when the case finished tonight
            Sorry about all the noise. Shame we couldn't stay and had a "word" with Alan Jones. He wont find safety in the looney bin from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boycie View Post
              How do you get to the upstairs gallery? I was hanging out illegally in the porch area downstairs.
              To get upstairs you have to be in your Batman Outfit.

Comment

Norman Stanley Fletcher you are a serial tax evader and as such i have no choice..

thought our boy mullered the HMRC case, and as far as I can tell the judge is pretty convinced that padmore has got nothing to do with us at all..

I was in the front row of spectators for the morning session, right beside the two HMRC chappies, who were muttering fervently at some of the things our QC was saying (I was right in front of Alan Jones who at one point passed a note thru to one of the HMRC guys)....

anyway thought mr Singh's line of attack was a bit weak, however I was up in the gods at this point and couldnt hear properly, so i may have missed some damning attacks..

Think he'll get the bovver boots out tomorrow when he atacks the scheme itself etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Slobbo View Post
                  Anybody going to sum up the days events?
                  I'm typing a transcript of what I managed to get down. Will be posted here soon.

Unfortunately I wont be in court tomorrow, so I am hoping someone can take over as scribe.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Sorry about all the noise. Shame we couldn't stay and had a "word" with Alan Jones. He wont find safety in the looney bin from me.
                    Hi Brillo, sorry I missed you yesterday. Sent you a voicemail at lunchtime.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by bollox View Post
                      I was right in front of Alan Jones who at one point passed a note thru to one of the HMRC guys
                      Sounds dodgy!
                      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                      X