• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - the road to Judicial Review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the updates

Thanks to ALL for the updates, would love to be there I haven't ruled it out for tomorrow.

The general consensus looks positive but we've been through this sort of thing before with IR35, let's keep the faith and fingers crossed.

Great thanks to DR etc for keeping us going all this time.

Santa's doing a great job on reporting.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Boycie View Post
      How do you get to the upstairs gallery? I was hanging out illegally in the porch area downstairs.
      Not easy ! Come out of court 2 and turn left, then go through the double doors on your left when you get to the corner. Go through another set of double doors immediately on your right and go up the spiral staircase straight ahead. When you come out the next floor up, the gallery is straight ahead of you.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteCat View Post
        Not easy ! Come out of court 2 and turn left, then go through the double doors on your left when you get to the corner. Go through another set of double doors immediately on your right and go up the spiral staircase straight ahead. When you come out the next floor up, the gallery is straight ahead of you.
        bloody hell - sounds like Hogwarts.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteCat View Post
          Geez - no wonder I couldn't find it. The place is like a maze!
          One more question - if you want to "sneak out", is it possible from the upstairs gallery?

Comment

I presume it will kick off at 1030am tomorrow??
            Am hoping to pop along for the morning session.

Comment

Afternoon session

I found the HMRC argument very dull and technical so it was hard to concentrate. Essentially he seemed to be arguing a lot about whether the court had the right to use the ECHR "guidelines" (not "rules") to interfere with parliament's will.

My view is that this must have been covered before in the hearing to determine whether the JR should go ahead.

Every time Padmore gets a mention the judge wakes up and reminds everyone that Padmore doesn't apply to trusts. I like that!

D

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                Essentially he seemed to be arguing a lot about whether the court had the right to use the ECHR "guidelines" (not "rules") to interfere with parliament's will.
                Isn't the ECHR something we signed up to and agreed to? Surly we can't pick and choose what bits we will follow and what bits we won't

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                Every time Padmore gets a mention the judge wakes up and reminds everyone that Padmore doesn't apply to trusts. I like that!
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Anybody going to sum up the days events?
                  Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Summary

Thanks for providing all the updates today, typically our internet access at work has been down all day....perhaps infliltrated by HMRC!!!

Indeed, if anyone could summarise the days events and also if anyone managed to speak to our legal team at the end of the day to see what thir thoughts on preceedings were??

DR conspicuous by his absence...hopefully he's out celebratin....!!

Originally posted by Slobbo View Post
                    Anybody going to sum up the days events?

Comment

Originally posted by Mop f Style View Post
                      Thanks to ALL for the updates.

The general consensus looks positive but we've been through this sort of thing before with IR35, let's keep the faith and fingers crossed.

Great thanks to DR etc for keeping us going all this time.

Santa's doing a great job on reporting.

Cheers,
                      Totally and utterly agree with all of this. I have seen us in the winning position on some IR35 cases yet the outcome wasnt in our favour.

Its great to hear the learned judge appears to be taken argument on board but, it may only be half time. And as we all know, the second half can be turned on its head.

Good work to all concerned with this fight.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X