• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New IT contract in Kenya. Advice welcome...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New IT contract in Kenya. Advice welcome...

Hello
    Would appreciate any leads/advice on the following:
    I'm planning to start a 3-6 month IT contract in Nairoibi from next month (July 09). For the past 18 months I've been using an Umbrella company for UK contracts, which has worked well (higher tax, but simple). I am a UK national.

Questions
    1. What are my options for overseas working/payment? What is simplest/lowest risk?
    2. Can you recommend any UK companies who can advise or offer me a managed company services/accounting/payroll etc?

Regards,
    Paul

Originally posted by amski View Post
    Hello
    Would appreciate any leads/advice on the following:
    I'm planning to start a 3-6 month IT contract in Nairoibi from next month (July 09). For the past 18 months I've been using an Umbrella company for UK contracts, which has worked well (higher tax, but simple). I am a UK national.
    If you prefer to keep life simple, why not just stick with the umbrella? For 3-6 months I doubt it's worthwhile doing anything more complicated. I'm sure there are plenty of dubious options which involve not declaring the income in the UK, but essentially they would all involve tax evasion.

Comment

Don't forget to stock up on anti malaria tablets !

Hope you'll get the chance to visit some of the Parks come the weekend. Amazing sites / sounds

LL

Comment

Working...
      X