• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 Year Rule ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    How long should a break be? I've just started back in Bristol after a 15 month break, is that long enough to reset the clock?

BTW I didn't claim for the last year the first time round as I was there for 3 years so effectively I haven’t claimed travel to Bristol for 27 months, would this make a difference?
    15 months is way more than enough in my opinion. I'd treat a month as enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      15 months is way more than enough in my opinion. I'd treat a month as enough.
      No, that's wrong. It's a rolling 24 month period. So, from the day that you "clock up" >40% of the time in that location you cannot claim. It's an ar5e of a rule, but that's how it works.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        No, that's wrong. It's a rolling 24 month period. So, from the day that you "clock up" >40% of the time in that location you cannot claim. It's an ar5e of a rule, but that's how it works.
        Arguably correct.

Changed clients that are a distance apart or a seperate client in between and the waters get thoroughly muddied.

It's a total farce. Like many of the absurd tax rules it's easy to be caught out while trying hard to comply and easy to fiddle if you try to.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Arguably correct.

It's a total farce. Like many of the absurd tax rules it's easy to be caught out while trying hard to comply and easy to fiddle if you try to.
          Yep it is a farce. Why the hell did they come up with 40% ???

Less than half your time spent at a location ???

Comment

Working...
          X