• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional indemnity insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional indemnity insurance

Have you ever been turned down? Struggling to get a new policy due to the nature of my work.

Any recommendations?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Have you ever been turned down? Struggling to get a new policy due to the nature of my work.

Any recommendations?
    No but what is the nature of your work?

Comment

ka-boom.

Now I have to go through Lloyds of London for cover, holding my breath.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Operating a Mac is that dangerous?

You should get a PC Mate....
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Any recommendations?
          Ahem.... not been turned down as I've never held any - if yourco is small (in my case very small) any sizeable claim would merely bankrupt the co.....

waits for flaming to start

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Ahem.... not been turned down as I've never held any - if yourco is small (in my case very small) any sizeable claim would merely bankrupt the co.....

waits for flaming to start
            Same. I can't get cover for my work* so I don't have any. I did have a policy for £30 a month then I realised it probably wasn't going to pay out if I tried to claim so cancelled it. It covered the "other" work I do such as benchmarking and performance improvements - but no-one will claim against me for that.

Try telling the indemnity insurance people when they ask you what you do "I spec, design, locate and manage the builds of warehouses costing >£300million". Then when they ask if your an architect say no, confuses the hell out of them.

They usually come back with some quote >£20k.

* At a realistic price

Comment

Working...
            X