• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Further Education - Funding from Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further Education - Funding from Company

Hi all

Just checking with everyone in the forum can i use my company funding for doing further education like MBA.

I have checked with my accountant he is saying it has to be IT related education.

Assuming if i can, is there a LIMIT in terms of how much funding i can use from my company account?

Any feedbacks much appreciated.

BTW, it will be MBA (PART TIME) with a fees of around £22,000 - 32,000

Thanks

Originally posted by wasiter View Post
    Hi all

Just checking with everyone in the forum can i use my company funding for doing further education like MBA.

I have checked with my accountant he is saying it has to be IT related education.

Assuming if i can, is there a LIMIT in terms of how much funding i can use from my company account?

Any feedbacks much appreciated.

BTW, it will be MBA (PART TIME) with a fees of around £22,000 - 32,000

Thanks
    Without knowing enough about you and the type work you are doing (and to be honest, I don't really give a monkeys), the type of education your Ltd company can offer has to be related to the work you are currently doing. If your client requires you to have an MBA, then the business can fund it. Otherwise it will be seen as a BIK (unless someone can correct me).
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

This was discussed a few weeks ago here.

The upshot is that your company can't sponsor an MBA.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Yep defintely not allowed (looked into this one myself too!)

I was wondering the same about language classes if working abroad in a non-english speaking country - but I suspect this wouldn't be allowed either, unless you could persuade your client to stick a clause in your contract (which would cost them nothing...)

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          This was discussed a few weeks ago here.

The upshot is that your company can't sponsor an MBA.
          I remember that thread as if it were yesterday.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
          X