• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

replacing a pda

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing a pda

hi all,

I suppose I should just ask the accountant but it´s saturday and I´ve just seen the new palm TX and I can´t wait.

Still looking for that first contract, in my situation (UK national living in Spain commuting to uk) I´ve been told that the best way to go would be umbrella.

Would I be able to claim the PDA as an expense? (Old hands feel free to LOL at my naivety here).

So should I wait until I´m actually working or can I go and buy it now?

ta

Anyone can claim for business use of capital equipment even if they do not have a limted company. You just need to show it is valid business use related to the job, doing timesheets etc. Look for capital allowances on the IR website. This is a personal claim you can make on tax return not to be confused with capital allowances for companies.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Kit

Most umbrella co's will let you claim for kit, some have a maximum amount but a pda will be fine.

Comment

Working...
      X