• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Joint Committee on Human Rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By my reckoning we have now reached the 50 mark.

The blue touchpaper is well and truly alight...

A big thanks to everyone who joined in.

Comment

For once I am pleased that the andyw option lost.

Comment

hey DR, can you email it to me please....you've got my email address....been away for a week hence me being abit quieter than usual!!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
          hey DR, can you email it to me please....you've got my email address....been away for a week hence me being abit quieter than usual!!
          There is a sample letter template on Page 1 of this thread.

DR

Comment

Any info on Edge/Norla?

Help!
            I just heard about this whole thing last week. hmrc sent me a letter informing me of their investigation into Edge/Norla EBT scheme. I worked for them for about 10 months in 2005-6. I was working away from home with daily b&b expenses and flights home to Scotland every 2 weeks. I was unable to claim enough expenses to make it worth my while using an umbrella arrangement and was told the EBT scheme would be better and perfectly legal (they are still claiming the scheme is in operation and nothing to worry about).

Does anyone know the likelihood of this particular scheme being found liable?
            Given that stringent restrictions were put on contractors using limited companies and claiming expenses for a "second home" or accommodation costs while working away from home as long ago as 1986, I was forced to consider all the options. Unfortunately I didn't choose politics!

Comment

Finally got a response from my MP. Just a few lines, but apparently she's passed the email on to the JCHR.

Comment

Working...
              X