• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG welcomes Commons Early Day Motion on IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG welcomes Commons Early Day Motion on IR35

http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...435&Itemid=291

This Government is too arrogant to admit its errors.
    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
    "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
      This Government is too arrogant to admit its errors.
      any government

Comment

In a personal not professional capacity I keep coming across people who are outside the system. The older I get, the more I understand why.

We are expected to be honest and "pay our fair share of tax" but it is not reciprocated by those who are telling us this.......

Double standards - "do as I say, but not as I do"...............

Comment

Just email your MP and be done

Comment

Where do the Tories stand on this?

2001 They were promising to abolish IR35.

2003 Oliver Letwin backs IR35.

2007 John redwood says they’ll abolish it again?

I think they will get in with a promise of abolishing it then conveniently change their minds.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

So few people in the country care about IR35 so I can't see that being a reason why the tories get in.

And in passing, GingerJedi, do you have a cat called Steve?
              "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
              "See?"

Comment

IR35 effects all contractors in all Industries.............. In fact anyone running a Ltd company providing a service without additional employees bringing Income into the Company. They just tend to earn less, and keep quiet about it so as not to bring themselves to the HMRC's attention!

It was targeted at the IT industry because the the IR discovered that all the people working on the new IT system for SA etc., were all contractors running their own Ltd Companies, taking very low salaries and high dividends..... (Of course they had to tell the IR staff they were working with!) They were long term contractors so the IR questioned their employment status, but couldn't do anything because they were all working through Ltd Companies. They looked at these Companies and first they put the rules to do with with travel in place (as all these contractors were claiming travel to the offices of the company that contracted them etc (who will remain nameless)...... ) and then IR35 followed soon after based on what the IR found..........

Comment

Anyone care to post up a sample letter?

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                    So few people in the country care about IR35 so I can't see that being a reason why the tories get in.

And in passing, GingerJedi, do you have a cat called Steve?
                    I don't think they'll get in on this alone, I just think it will be one of many promises that will fall by the wayside just like any newly elected government.

I don't have a cat BTW... though I have always said that if I did I'd call it Dave!
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X