• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition against retrospective legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    FAO: HMRC

This was a retrospective April Fool, so if you are trawling through the list of signatures, you are wasting your time.

Although, come to think of it, that's what you probably spend most of your time doing anyway, so carry on.

Of course that could always be a double bluff!

I still believe if HMRC win they will start going back through old tax returns. Or maybe by 2013 it will be too late!

Comment

Get your MP to sign the petition

Repeated from the BN66 thread:

When writing to your MP, mention the BN66 (section 58) petition has received 570 signatures and ask them to sign. Remember to provide a link in the letter.

I have asked my MP Jeremy Corbyn to sign. So it will be interesting to see if he does.

Whether or not you're MP signs the petition may show if they really mean what they say!
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
        There is a limit on how far tax investigations can ultimately go back, 25 years I think.
        Generally 6 years, though in the case of fraud I beleive it is 20.

Comment

HMRC investigation targets?

Are HMRC using the sign up names for investigation targets?!

rich

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
            Generally 6 years, though in the case of fraud I beleive it is 20.
            Thanks for that. Assuming then that you are using the scheme number on your tax returns then its six years, and they arent gong to miss that. If you aren't then I'd assume you could fall under the 20 year rule? So, basically, we're all scr*wed.

Comment

Originally posted by richy View Post
              Are HMRC using the sign up names for investigation targets?!

rich
              Why should they? They don't have enough time to do half the work they are supposed to do. Watch this - Taking on the Taxman: Tonight on ITV 1 from 8:00pm to 8:30pm

Comment

Originally posted by Little'Old Me View Post
                Why should they? They don't have enough time to do half the work they are supposed to do. Watch this - Taking on the Taxman: Tonight on ITV 1 from 8:00pm to 8:30pm
                I'll have a watch of that. Might be fun. hopefully more balanced thaan the recent Panorama on Tax Havens/Avoidance.

Comment

Because there are so many signatories, only the most recent 500 are shown on this page.

586 signatures. I'm impressed, keep up the fight.

Comment

sigs = 592; pos = 186.

This is great work but we have further to go. Please pass details of this petition on to your family and friends. According to Jane Kennedy (Treasury Secretary in 2008) there were over 2000 users of this scheme. So with friends and family of each, reaching 1000+ signatures should be our target.

Another 19 signatures and we will have out-supported the "Decriminalise cannabis cultivation for personal use" campaign".

COME ON, WE ACTED WITHIN THE LAW, WHATEVER OUR VIEWS OF SMOKING A JOINT ARE - IT IS ILLEGAL.

Please add your signature at the link below.

Thank you.
                    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                    "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
                      sigs = 592; pos = 186.

This is great work but we have further to go. Please pass details of this petition on to your family and friends. According to Jane Kennedy (Treasury Secretary in 2008) there were over 2000 users of this scheme. So with friends and family of each, reaching 1000+ signatures should be our target.

Another 19 signatures and we will have out-supported the "Decriminalise cannabis cultivation for personal use" campaign".

COME ON, WE ACTED WITHIN THE LAW, WHATEVER OUR VIEWS OF SMOKING A JOINT ARE - IT IS ILLEGAL.

Please add your signature at the link below.

Thank you.
                      I thought it was a rosemary plant, honest!
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X