• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Petition against retrospective legislation"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    A few from the PCG forum are still signing......

sigs=660, rank=165

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    has signed the petition.

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    John Brazier (MD of PCG)

has signed the petition.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    645 sigs, rank=169

The signatures keep creeping up.......

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    630 sigs, rank=171

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    622 sigs, rank=175

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    I agree. Have asked my MP Jeremy Corbyn to sign.
    I know in the past he has signed animal rights petitions for my wife. So I'm hoping he will do the same here.
    If this little experiment works and our MPs agree to sign then there is no reason why others won't. Labour MPs will always be a challenge but there are still a few who have a mind of their own.

This could become a very powerful weapon if we could get a decent number of MPs to sign, particular big guns like Vince Cable.

It's funny because many of us were sceptical of the petition idea but it could turn out to be our best tactic yet.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    DR

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    I have just emailed my LibDem MP Matthew Taylor and asked him to sign. Obviously it helps to be able to say that Vince Cable has signed!!!

If this strategy of getting MPs to sign works, then this should be the next phase of the campaign while we wait for the Treasury to get their finger out and respond to our questions.
    I agree. Have asked my MP Jeremy Corbyn to sign.
    I know in the past he has signed animal rights petitions for my wife. So I'm hoping he will do the same here.

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    I'm hoping it is. It will soon be removed if it isnt.

Everyone please write to your MP and get him or her to sign the petition. And if you havent done so yourself, please sign and get your family and friends to sign aswell.

thanks

Santa
    I have just emailed my LibDem MP Matthew Taylor and asked him to sign. Obviously it helps to be able to say that Vince Cable has signed!!!

If this strategy of getting MPs to sign works, then this should be the next phase of the campaign while we wait for the Treasury to get their finger out and respond to our questions.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    I'm hoping it is. It will soon be removed if it isnt.

Everyone please write to your MP and get him or her to sign the petition. And if you havent done so yourself, please sign and get your family and friends to sign aswell.

thanks

Santa

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    Vincent Cable

Is this for real?

Would be great if the LibDem shadow chancellor has really signed it.

Leave a comment:

• Emigre
    replied
    601 signatures. Position 182.

Great news. This is an evil piece of legislation. Why have we been singled out?

If Section 58 was "fair, proportionate, and in the public interest" I cannot think of a more suitable case than MPs repaying their excessive expenses since 2001. Oh I forgot, they were "within the rules".

What we have done was also within the rules and yet Mr Brown you have discriminated against us and continued to line your own pocket with a complete lack of integrity.

Please forward a link to the petition to all your friends and family and other contacts. This kind of legislation needs to be prevented from happening again. There could be more of it in this budget and it could be those very same friends and acquaintances that get hit this time.

If you have already forwarded the petition, why not write to your MP? We need to maintain pressure.

Thank you and enjoy Easter.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Emigre View Post
    sigs = 592; pos = 186.

This is great work but we have further to go. Please pass details of this petition on to your family and friends. According to Jane Kennedy (Treasury Secretary in 2008) there were over 2000 users of this scheme. So with friends and family of each, reaching 1000+ signatures should be our target.

Another 19 signatures and we will have out-supported the "Decriminalise cannabis cultivation for personal use" campaign".

COME ON, WE ACTED WITHIN THE LAW, WHATEVER OUR VIEWS OF SMOKING A JOINT ARE - IT IS ILLEGAL.

Please add your signature at the link below.

Thank you.
    I thought it was a rosemary plant, honest!

Leave a comment:

• Emigre
    replied
    sigs = 592; pos = 186.

This is great work but we have further to go. Please pass details of this petition on to your family and friends. According to Jane Kennedy (Treasury Secretary in 2008) there were over 2000 users of this scheme. So with friends and family of each, reaching 1000+ signatures should be our target.

Another 19 signatures and we will have out-supported the "Decriminalise cannabis cultivation for personal use" campaign".

COME ON, WE ACTED WITHIN THE LAW, WHATEVER OUR VIEWS OF SMOKING A JOINT ARE - IT IS ILLEGAL.

Please add your signature at the link below.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Because there are so many signatories, only the most recent 500 are shown on this page.

586 signatures. I'm impressed, keep up the fight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X