• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Risk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not hunkydory for them when you walk because you haven't been paid, and you leave them in the lurch.

Anyway - do the proper dunning process as detailed on www.payontime.co.uk Then hit the agency with a statutory notice to pay.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Got paid for March work today. So thats a start. I sent the agency an email explaining the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act 1998, and stating my intention to exercise my rights to compensation. But he just says that he only pays me when he gets paid. I cant seem to get it through that there is no contingent liability here. Its irrelevant when he gets paid, he has a legal obligation to pay my invoice in 30days. Anyway I said this in another email and await his response.

I'm confident that this guy isnt bankrupt; just cr@p.

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
        Got paid for March work today. So thats a start. I sent the agency an email explaining the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act 1998, and stating my intention to exercise my rights to compensation. But he just says that he only pays me when he gets paid. I cant seem to get it through that there is no contingent liability here. Its irrelevant when he gets paid, he has a legal obligation to pay my invoice in 30days. Anyway I said this in another email and await his response.

I'm confident that this guy isnt bankrupt; just cr@p.
        Start charging him interest and put him on notice that on day 31 beyond the date of your most recent invoice you're walking off site if he hasn't paid you.

When I was but a baby analyst the risk bloke I worked with had a sign above his desk which read "Credit is a privilege, not a right".

Comment

Working...
        X